1Password stopped working on apps

spaw
spaw
Community Member

1Password has stopped working on at least two apps. 1P works differently on different apps. The ones that I am having a problem with don't autofill but when I click on the I'd or password fields, 1P will open a keyboard with tabs for Fill User ID and Fill Password. You click on the one you want. If I click on one, Fill Password, for example, I hear a click but nothing happens. I have rebooted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled both the app I am trying to open and the 1Password app. It still won't work. 1P will work normally on other apps. Thank you.

Comments

• Hi @spaw. Can you let me know a bit more about your setup by answering a few questions?
    1. What version of 1Password do you have installed?
    2. What's the make and model of your device?
    3. What version of Android are you using?
    4. In 1Password's Autofill settings, do you have both Autofill and Accessibility enabled?

• spaw
    spaw
    Community Member

Hi peri. I don't need to answer 1, 2 and 3 because the solution was in 4. I checked settings and Autofill was enabled but filling in Accessibility was not enabled. I found the correct setting for filling and enabled it. Now it works with apps. What I don't understand is why it was working fine on all apps one day but the next day it would not work on some apps but would work on others. Maybe it did an update and switched some things off. I would have never thought that I would need to go so deep into settings to enable such functionality of 1Password. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@spaw: Ah, thanks for the update! Indeed, some devices with really aggressive power savings will disable Accessibility automatically if they think it's using too much. For example, on Samsung devices, it can help to disable "Put unused apps to sleep", "Auto-disable unused apps", and remove 1Password from the list of sleeping apps and background restrictions. Cheers! :)

• spaw
    spaw
    Community Member

Will do. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.