Logins not passwords

uppereast1
uppereast1
Community Member

In the Knowledge Base there is a message exchange about logins vs passwords and a suggestion that an article be written about the differences (I couldn’t find one). I do know the difference, but I am having a huge hassle in IOS when I click on a link that opens a n app that requires a LOGIN but 1password ONLY offers passwords. Is it possible to adjust this so the full 1password list is offered instead of just passwords?Most of my work is on a Mac, so almost every thing is saved as a login not a password. But several times a day, I need to open an app on my iPhone or iPad and am presented with a short list of only passwords, not logins. Can I switch this out? Is there a solution?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @uppereast1!

I am having a huge hassle in IOS when I click on a link that opens a n app that requires a LOGIN but 1password ONLY offers passwords

Can you please give us an example of this?

But several times a day, I need to open an app on my iPhone or iPad and am presented with a short list of only passwords, not logins

I am not sure I understood what you are asking. Do you mean that when you open the 1Password app on your iPhone or iPad, the app is showing you the Passwords category rather than the Login category?

• uppereast1
    uppereast1
    Community Member

I’m on my iPad or iPhone and I read an article that contains a link to a paywalled website like the New York Times or Wall Street journal. But when I click the link, the paywalled website asks me to sign in. 1password suggests using “passwords,” but the information for these websites were done on a Mac and contained in what you call “logins.” They are not offered when I click on the 1password key below, just “passwords.” So I have to exit the app I am using, open the 1password app, copy the password in the login section and then reopen the app I am reading and enter the password from the login. Is there a way around this cumbersome process? Why can’tI access logins only just passwords?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@uppereast1:

But when I click the link, the paywalled website asks me to sign in. 1password suggests using “passwords,”

If you are referring to AutoFill, Password is the name of the feature that appears on top of the keyboard, but it doesn't access only password items, it accesses login items as well. It's just a naming convention.

They are not offered when I click on the 1password key below, just “passwords.”

What is the URL of this item in 1Password? Does it match the URL of the website you are trying to visit?

• uppereast1
    uppereast1
    Community Member

but it doesn’t access only password items<

Thats exactly what I am saying, it only accesses password items NOT logins

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

@uppereast1:

Then it is possible that there is a problem with the website fields in your Login items. Can you please answer the question in my previous post?

This discussion has been closed.