Feature request: Google Drive sync [no current plans for additional 3rd party sync services]

fcar
fcar
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Android

I [superfluous language removed by AgileBits staff] HATE Dropbox. It's the WORST sync service EVER.

I have my Dropbox folder on a second HDD, it's at E:\Dropbox

From time to time this [superfluous language removed by AgileBits staff] app will stop working and I have to reinstall it and set up again. But when I try to set Dropbox's folder to E:\Dropbox it complains that a Dropbox folder already exists, so I have to delete and it forces a sync of hundreds of gigabytes again.

For this reason, I migrated to Google Drive.

Now, I only have the 1Password vault on the Dropbox so no more hundreds of gigabytes, BUT I have to reinstall the Dropbox app and set it up every few weeks because it's stupidly full of bugs (I am sure you can sense the anger through my words).

It RUINS 1Password for me when 1Password is linked to this cursed service.

PLEASE implement Google Drive folder sync on the Android app ASAP so I can FINALLY remove this dumb Dropbox app from my life forever.

Ugh. I need to break something now.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I too pretty much only use dropbox for 1pw and a few other things. For everything else, I use OneDrive so I'll put my vote in for OneDrive support. However, I doubt they are working on either because their primary focus is 1password.com cloud accounts which could be an option for you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

@fcar: If you don't like Dropbox, that's fine, but chill out and keep it civil. This is a support forum for all 1Password users, and this isn't the kind of thing that many people who may legitimately just have a similar interest in Good Drive will want to see. Thanks for understanding.

Indeed, we don't currently have plans to support additional 3rd party sync services, as most users simply don't want to deal with sync configuration period. It's certainly possible that could change in the future, so it's good to know what you have in mind, but as it stands it does seem unlikely that we'll be developing, testing, and supporting others in the foreseeable future.

For that it's worth, you'd probably have a better experience with Dropbox by installing it in the default configuration. Alternatively, you can probably use folder sync in conjunction with Google Drive. This isn't something we support, but provided you backup your data you should be okay if you have to recover from any sync conflicts. 1Password.com offers a better experience though, so it's worth considering.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@fcar: You did not ask about local folder sync in your original post, or I would have mentioned it: if you use the 1Password for Android beta or participate in discussions where OPVault support for local folders has been requested, you'll note that this is available in the beta. We still do not support other companies' sync services though and do not have plans to do so in the future.

Regarding the rest, I'm sorry for not being more clear. Please review the forum guidelines

Forum guidelines

Here in the forums we do try to edit user content as little as possible, but on occasion we are forced to make a judgement call. While I understand that you happen to be frustrated with Dropbox for whatever reason, we still need to keep the 1Password support forums as friendly as possible for the wide range of people that visit. Be sure to keep that in mind in the future. We're happy to have you here, so long as you can adhere to the guidelines. Only you are responsible for your conduct. No one can force you to be angry and rude, just as they cannot force you to be calm and civil; it's our job to maintain a minimum standard of decency here for all of our customers. Thanks for understanding.

This discussion has been closed.