How can I delete 1 of 2 vaults on MacBook synced to the same dropbox file without losing any items?

rocky0
rocky0
Community Member

On a MacBook Pro, It shows I have 2 vaults on dropbox. Both are synced to the same opvault file on Dropbox. I want to delete one of the two, but do not want to delete the other, or the opvault file on Dropbox, or its items. The "Delete Vault ..." command warns, "Deleting your 'NewVault" vault is permanent. The vault and all of its items will no longer be available. I want the remaining vault to still be synced to the opvault file on Dropbox, without losing any of its items. How do I do this?

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.6 (18G87)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox delete vault

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rocky0!

It shows I have 2 vaults on dropbox. Both are synced to the same opvault file on Dropbox

Can you please elaborate on your setup a little bit? I didn't think it was possible to have multiple vaults saved in an .opvault file, as each of them is a separate vault.

• rocky0
    rocky0
    Community Member

They are two different vaults on the Mac 1Password interface, but they are synced to the same opvault file on Dropbox. I want to delete one of them, without deleting, or deleting any items from, the opvault file on Dropbox they are synced to.

• rocky0
    rocky0
    Community Member

I just figured it out. I changed the sync settings for NewVault to None. Then it showed as being only on my Mac. Then I deleted NewVault. Primary is still synced with opvault on Dropbox.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Great to hear that everything is sorted out now @rocky0!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.