1Password6 6.8.9 (689001) AgileBits Store does not sync with iOS

I'm still using 1Password6 6.8.9 (689001) bought in the AgileBits Store (I started with 1Password in 2013) and the built-in WLAN-server doesn't sync with iOS (iPhone and iPad) any more.
It either stays on "Syncing…" or simply stops and no sync occurred. I'd like to update to 7, but not before I'm able to sync to be safe.

Thanks,
Erik

1Password Version: 6.8.9 (689001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: WLAN-server

Comments

• ErikKeller
    ErikKeller
    Community Member

Just in case, opening 1Password on one device seems to sync, but stays on "last sync 9 weeks ago", re-enabling the sync by choosing "WLAN" on the other device acts as it would sync and shows "never synced".

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ErikKeller!

I think this has more to do with 1Password for iOS than with 1Password 6 for Mac. We have been working on some bug fixes in WLAN sync in the latest updates of the iOS app, so what you are seeing should be fixed in one of the next updates.

• ErikKeller
    ErikKeller
    Community Member

OK, thanks. Then there's hope I might update to 7 stand alone after all. ;-)

Thanks again,
    Erik

• @ErikKeller

For the issue Ana was referring to 1Password for iOS does not update the display to indicate that sync has finished, though it actually has. Can you please confirm if after a few moments of waiting for WLAN sync to complete if the items have actually synced or not? If they have not that may be a different issue than the one we're aware of...

Please let me know.

Ben

• ErikKeller
    ErikKeller
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Hi Ben,

I just tested the sync by adding a note. It seems to work, although the devices don't update the time of the last sync. So this seems to be the error Ana mentioned. I wasn't aware that the sync happened regardless.
    Thanks for looking into this.

Erik

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2019

Thanks @ErikKeller. We're aware the bug is annoying due to the fact that there is currently no indication sync is working, and we will get that fixed up (though I couldn't promise exactly when). Because it doesn't actually prevent sync from working it has been given a slightly lower priority than if sync were broken. Fingers crossed we'll be able to get to it soon though. :)

Ben

• ErikKeller
    ErikKeller
    Community Member

I could have noticed before but there were no new entries when I tried to sync, just changed passwords. So the number of items stayed the same and the sync time wasn't updated.

Thanks again,
    Erik

• Makes sense. :) Thanks for the report.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.