Can no longer search by tags?

I have previously asked for tags support, and while it's always 'been under consideration' last year 1.11 introduced the ability to at least have search results include items if they are tagged (https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/B5X#v20027). For example, I have a tag called 'Bills' so I can search for that tag and get all the items that are bills I have to login to go pay. However, sometime within the last month or so searching for tags no longer returns results. Was this functionality removed without a note in the changelog, or is this a bug?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: Linux
Sync Type: 1 Password Cloud

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ephur! Good question. Tags are indeed still around. We've been working on adding the functionality to the redesigned popup, though. The ability to search tags in the new popup was just released in the 1.16.3.beta. You're welcome to try out the 1Password X beta here, or if you'd prefer to remain on the stable build, you can expect to search by tags very soon. :)

• ephur
    ephur
    Community Member

I'd love to install the beta, but I only use FireFox. Looking forward to being able to have some interaction with tags again, thank you!

• cecelia
    edited June 2019

Ah, I see @ephur - I'm so sorry about the confusion. Please feel free to keep an eye out for the ability to search for tags in the 1Password X stable build in our changelog - The associated issue number is {1245}. We also have an issue open to track requests for a 1Password X beta build for Firefox and I've added this thread as a +1 to the request. <3

ref: x/b5x#1296

• Brodell
    Brodell
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

@Cecelia and @kaitlyn - I see that you both indicate that tags are not going away, but 1Password X recently upgraded to v 1.16.1 for Chrome on my PC, and I no longer see tags in the normal drop-down/pop-up box. Instead, I see "All Items", "Suggestions" (default), and "Favorites". Below that are your categories: Logins, Credit Cards, Secure Notes, etc. Up until 1.16.1, I still saw my list of tags, something I made almost exclusive use of.

Why did you change? This is a move away from tag support! Most importantly, in an attempt to help my wife access accounts (e.g., our mortgage, bank account, credit card payments, gas, water, Amazon, Netflix, etc.) it was an incredibly important feature to make her more comfortable with using 1Password. I would really like to stay with the program that I have invested a lot in regarding password management, but your upgrades are making it harder for marital bliss in my household. Please understand this is not a trivial issue to many of us and bring back the support of tags: increasing the support, not reducing it!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

Hi @Brodell! We introduced the new, re-designed version of the 1Password X pop-up a few months back, but we recently removed the option to use the old pop-up instead. We realized there were some bugs in the old pop-up that we weren't focusing on, so removing it was the best option for both us and 1Password X users. It sounds like you had never upgraded to the new pop-up, so that's why you're just now seeing this change.

That being said, we haven't stopped supporting tags. In fact, we recently added in tag support in our search feature. That means you can search for a tag, such as "bank account" and items with that tag will appear.

I do appreciate your feedback around tags, and it's nice to know that there are users who miss having tags listed underneath categories. Thank you for sharing your use case with us!

ref: x/b5x#1246

This discussion has been closed.