How to get 1Password extension x, attached to Firefox on windows 10 desktop, to open/unlock

Options

My windows 10 desktop p.c. has the latest version of the Firefox browser, with an attached 1Password extension x (current version, added within past week). When the extension was initially downloaded and attached, a window spontaneously opened and asked for my master password, and that opened and unlocked the extension. Now, I can see the extension icon in the Firefox extension menu bar, but when I left-click on the icon with my mouse, it simply opens a blank screen. If I right-click the icon, a 7-member list opens up, but I was unsuccessful in getting any of those items to open up a request from the extension for my master password. I thought of the possibility that the other 1Password app (not an extension) on my computer might exert some control over the extension, so I signed into that app with my 1PW master password, but that did not change the icon's behavior. My desktop computer does not have facial recognition capability.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: current version
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: not relevant

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Rick_64! I'm sorry for the trouble here. When you left click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, what size is the blank screen you're seeing? If you wouldn't mind taking a screenshot of it, that'd be helpful. I'd also like you to check if you have either of the following settings enabled in Firefox:

• Never remember history
    • Always use private browsing mode

While in private browsing mode, Firefox prevents extensions from accessing the local database, which 1Password X relies on in order to function properly. Unfortunately, this currently results in a blank page when trying to open the extension. Disabling either of those preferences should allow 1Password X to function as expected. Let me know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.