getting rid of Trial Expired in 1Password 6 on a Mac which has already been paid for

getting rid of Trial Expired in 1Password 6 on a Mac which has already been paid for
Can't add passwords can't even edit passwords Already have. What the ____ is going on!

Purchase between 2014 - 2015

Regards
Trevor Clarke

1Password Version: Version 6.8.9 (689001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:getting rid of Trial Expired in 1Password 6 on a Mac which has already been paid for

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@flyer: In order to get rid of the "trial expired" message in 1Password 6, you'd need to apply the license file for that version which you purchased from our website. It will be in the license email you received when you purchased. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• flyer
    flyer
    Community Member

I cannot find the license

• flyer
    flyer
    Community Member

where and when you purchased 1Password
    Purchased at app store.png

All the information you need should be on enclosed png.
    Can't find email with details of license

Regards

PastedGraphic-1.tiff

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@flyer: If you purchased from the App Store, you don't have a license at all; the purchase is tied to your Apple ID. So you'd need to install it from your Apple ID's purchase history instead of from our website.

• davidbarner
    davidbarner
    Community Member

When I try to re-add my agilebits license for 1Pass 6 (6.6.4 is my current version), I navigate to its location in DropBox and it is greyed out. Any help is appreciated. DB

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2020

@davidbarner

Are you trying to locate the license or the keychain? If you have a Dropbox paid account make sure the item is downloaded or local to your machine.

edit: typo

• davidbarner
    davidbarner
    Community Member

I navigate to my locally stored (on DropBox) agilekeychain (thank you), and it is grayed out. I've used the same method for 5 years and it just broke inexplicably. Thanks for any help. DB

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2020

@davidbarner

Try selecting the Parent folder and not the keychain itself.

I would strongly recommend moving to 1Password 7 with a membership. Version 6.6.4 was released in 2017-03-21. That's a huge time frame until now. 1Password 6 was discontinued in 2018. There have been numerous security enhancements to 1Password 7. From a security standpoint, upgrading is the best, and safest, option available.

https://support.1password.com/explore/whats-new-mac/

This discussion has been closed.