How can I be notified of 1Password news and deals?

to NOT inform existing customers about a time limited "upgrade" path to 1P 3.9 (and v4 therefor) , using the intro price on MAS.
At least I got no notification at all.

speechless Ralf

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2011
    Hey Ralf,

That specific offer was limited, but we have always been known for our great offers. I wouldn't be surprised to see another great deal when 1Password 4 comes out. We're moving steadily in the direction of the Mac App Store, and you can be sure we have some great things planned coming up. If you are not already subscribed to our newsletter, now would be a great time to subscribe. :-)

https://agilebits.co...pany/newsletter

Also, we post things on Twitter, Facebook, and our blog.
  • =RS=
    =RS=
    Community Member
    You did not write about the time limited upgrade path to 3.9 and v4 in any newsletter!

Twitter, Facebook and your blog are as much helpful to me as pinning the news to your frontdoor. Either because I don't use them (Twitter, Facebook) or I don't visit your site frequently to get news like this.
    And is it the customers "duty" or a matter of customer care to find out about these news?

Thanks
  • Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2011
    =RS= wrote:

You did not write about the time limited upgrade path to 3.9 and v4 in any newsletter!

Twitter, Facebook and your blog are as much helpful to me as pinning the news to your frontdoor. Either because I don't use them (Twitter, Facebook) or I don't visit your site frequently to get news like this.
    And is it the customers "duty" or a matter of customer care to find out about these news?

Thanks

The blog can be subscribed to via an RSS reader, which most mail clients have now (may be called a "news feed" or "subscriptions"). So can the Twitter feed. Facebook may have this feature as well.

I don't believe we have ever made a promise anywhere that we would announce every sale via any particular medium, or at all.

I don't mean to downplay your frustration, but your argument is a bit like saying you miss all the sales at the grocery store because you don't pick up the sales sheets. Is that the grocery store's fault? And does the grocery store list every item that they have on sale in those sheets? Mine doesn't. I'll often buy a big jar of something or other for $3.99 only to come back the next week to find that it is now on sale for half price.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    To address your other point, RS, we did not send out a newsletter for this recent MAS promotion. This is something we are looking to improve going forward.
  • hmurchison
    hmurchison
    Community Member
    RS I use the website macappdeals.com it sends me an email of deals on the Mac App Store (they focus on other areas to but I wanted to know what was specifically on sale on the MAS"

When 1Password was reduced I had an email in my inbox the next day. I figure this computer habit has got to generate me some savings somehow lol.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2011
    That's a great suggestion, hmurchison! Considering we are moving toward MAS exclusive distribution, using a site like Mac App Deals is a great way to receive nearly up to the minute price notifications — and not just for 1Password! :-)

AppShopper is another great site. I have long used it to track apps in the iTunes App Store and they added support for the newer Mac App Store back in February: super handy.
  • onemorelogin
    onemorelogin
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

To address your other point, RS, we did not send out a newsletter for this recent MAS promotion. This is something we are looking to improve going forward.

This is the most appropriate answer for the OP's question and frustration. As a feedback point, bwoodruff, your response would've sounded more helpful if you had admitted the above point first before talking about grocery stores. :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm glad that my reply was helpful. :-)

I know there have been plenty of times when Ben was able to follow up with a better reply than I initially made, so I think we might almost be even. :lol:

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.