Stored image with QuickLook menu on top of it

Options
TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have some screenshot images stored in 1Password. When I go to the item in the list I just see the item, which might look like this

When I click it to open it, I get a QuickLook menu across the middle obscuring what's in the file.

I'm not sure what the purpose is. Selecting QuickLook opens the image just the same as it already is. The menu has other options, which I would have thought should be accessed with right-clicking. I'm not sure if the obtrusive menu is really good thing. For me it just got in the way.

Also, once I've opened an image, it stays open. Not only do they stay open, which is a good thing I guess, but they remain open when I close the application and reopen it, which surprised me. I would have thought they'd close when the application closed.

Thanks very much for any clarification on the expected behavior.

1Password Version: 7.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @TomWolsky ,

Thanks for taking the time to post that. Improving the quicklook is something we are looking into. The separate quicklook command is basically to show it in a separate window that might be larger than the cell in the main 1Password window. The quicklook view that you see is actually controlled by macOS so we are a little limited in how we can present menus and right-clicking, but I believe there are a few improvements that we can make.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.