Login pop up box not working [Chromium Edge beta]

Hey!

I'm running the 1P X beta extension from the Chrome Web Store in Chromium Edge beta [77.0.235.22] on macOS.
Since a browser update this week the login pop up box doesn't work, it opens up but the text field remains frozen, the cursor doesn't blink and no keystrokes are registered. Logging in through 1password.[eu in my case]/signin does work; and after that the extension works good.

I was running the stable 1.16.1 extension when the issue first appeared, and then moved to the beta just in case it worked.

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302004)
Extension Version: 1.17.1
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @juancl! Thanks for reporting this to us. I just tried it out myself on the Chromium Edge beta, and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. That being said, I did notice that when I use my external monitor, my Master Password looks like it's being typed much slower and freezes at times. The cursor also doesn't blink in that case. I'm curious if you're running Edge on your Mac display or if you have an external monitor connected.

• juancl
    juancl
    Community Member

Yes! I hadn't noticed before, but indeed the issue disappears when I move the window to the laptop display. It hadn't occurred to me.
    Thank you so much!

For reference, I have the external monitor connected to the HDMI port on the laptop.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@juancl – Thank you for confirming that for me! I've added you as an affected user to the issue we have open. We'll work towards getting this fixed. :)

ref: xplatform/xplatform#55

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@juancl – Sorry to ping you again so soon, but I wanted to give a quick update for you and any user who stumbles across this thread. We've tested this with a barebones extension with a text field on an external monitor, and we're seeing the same results. That means this is more than likely a bug in Chromium. This was the closest open issue we could find, and we've made a comment for the Chromium team there.

• Hey @juancl! You might have noticed already, but I wanted to follow up and let you know we’ve added some mitigations to increase the responsiveness of the 1Password pop-up, specifically in terms of the lag previously visible when entering your account password on a secondary monitor. I hope this improvement is working well for you. Let us know if you have any questions. :smile:

• juancl
    juancl
    Community Member

Hey @ag_michaelc I've noticed the pop-up being more snappy in general, and dark mode :)
    Since posting here, I've switched OS to Windows though, so I had forgotten about this issue.
    Thanks for the follow-up! :)

• 1Password in Dark Mode sure is pretty, isn't it? 😍 Glad to hear things are working well for you. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.