Please give us the old icon/login screen

XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited September 2019 in iOS

The new “Light Mode” icon and login screen are way too white (in the Beta with Dark Mode) compared to what they were before (for my taste).

Can we please get back the old icon/login screen? (Maybe as a third option; “Classic”?)

Those looked so much better!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We don't have plans to maintain three different UIs for 1Password going forward, but we'll continue to iterate on the design over time. Personally, I like the contrast between the light-light and the dark-dark. But it's certainly subjective. :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Dark Mode is nice on iOS 13, but I still feel you offer Black & White instead of Dark & Light...

I hope I get used to the new icon, but currently I feel more like removing 1Password from the first page on my iPhone, because of the icon :cry:

BTW: I don’t want to offend the designer of this icon, I apparently just like the old icon a lot (more).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Haha no worries. I have my favourites as well: software designs that have come and gone over the years. It can definitely take some getting used to. While visually I prefer not-black on the screen, the screen itself prefers more black pixels for those with OLED (there are a lot of iPhone X, XS out there, and soon 11 Pro), because those each use zero power. So I'm just going to accept it for the added battery life. :sunglasses:

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

About 3/4 of the Apps on my phone don’t support Dark Mode (yet?).

I’m afraid several of those Apps will never get an update to support it...

(which shows the importance of a healthy ecosystem for App developers)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I think you may be right, on both counts. I've got a fairly small number of apps I depend on daily, so if they're all updated for dark mode, along with the OS itself, that will mostly have me covered. But yeah, it's sort of like all the apps that didn't get updated for Retina, the taller iPhone 5 screen, the larger iPhone 6 screen, the even taller iPhone X screen with he notch, etc. -- not critical, but really nice when developers are actively maintaining their apps to evolve with changes like these. :)

This discussion has been closed.