"Failed to check for updates" - SSL error on Macbook

gdonnelly54
gdonnelly54
Community Member

We have a family subscription, running 1Password 7. My 2018 Macbook Air (Mojave 10.14.6) is trying to check for 1Password updates, but it is returning the following error message:
"Failed to check for updates - An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection cannot be made.

1Password Version: 7.3.3.BETA-0
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.16.2
OS Version: IOS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud (not sure)
Referrer: forum-search:Failed to check for updates on Mac - SSL error

Comments

• Hi @gdonnelly54 ,

An SSL error is usually due to a networking error at the macOS level, not within the app. When this happens are you able to visit the 1Password.com site without any warning? If so, the next time you get this error, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107057/failed-to-check-for-updates-ssl-error-on-macbook
    • Your forum username: gdonnelly54

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics report and link it back to your issue posted here.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• gdonnelly54
    gdonnelly54
    Community Member

I've sent the diagnostics report, together with the information you requested be included in the email.

Here is the Support ID number that was sent to me in response: [#NST-57983-634]

• gdonnelly54
    gdonnelly54
    Community Member

And to your earlier question: "When this happens are you able to visit the 1Password.com site without any warning? "

Yes, I can visit 1Password.com without a problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the report @gdonnelly54! I confirm that we received it and we will get back to you via email as soon as possible :)

ref: NST-57983-634

• gdonnelly54
    gdonnelly54
    Community Member

Haven't heard anything back about my issue after submitting the diagnostics report. Is anyone reviewing this and sorting out what my be a fix?

• @gdonnelly54,

Someone is in the process of drafting their response, they will get back to you via email when they have concluded their analysis.

This discussion has been closed.