Support for Vivaldi Browser

Hi, will you be adding support for the new Vivaldi Browser?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's something we may do in the future. Personally, I'm interested to see what it ends up having to offer on mobile once it's finished. I'm a fan of it on the desktop. Only time will tell on both counts. :)

• Thomas_Griffiths
    Thomas_Griffiths
    Community Member

Yes, loving it on the desktop too. Enjoying the Beta on Android but obviously can't use 1 password with it yet.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! We've got a lot of irons in the fire with Autofill in other browsers currently, but perhaps we can do Vivaldi as well at some point. Cheers! :)

• mosi
    mosi
    Community Member

I also would love to see 1password support in Android Vivaldi. The lack of 1password support is probably the only thing from making it my new default browser.

Vivaldi on desktop has already replaced Chrome for me

• peri
    edited December 2019

Thanks @mosi. I'll make sure to pass your request for Vivaldi support on to our development team as well.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#63

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

+1 from me.... I thought it would be like plug and play as it is chromium based... Is there anything we can suggest to vivaldi developers?

• Hi @jimger, there's nothing for Vivaldi to do right now, first we need test it. I'll mention your request to the team too :)

• mokeyjay
    mokeyjay
    Community Member

Vivaldi releases a beta android app on google play, but maybe 1password can not support it

1Password Version: 7.3.2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Android 10
    Sync Type: 1password

• Hi @mokeyjay we don't currently support filling in Vivaldi but we're looking into it, and I'll pass your comments along to the development team :)

• mokeyjay
    mokeyjay
    Community Member

@andiAG Thanks, look forward to your good news

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for your interest! :)

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

+1 from me on vivaldi support...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for chiming in. :)

• If you're having trouble getting 1Password for Android to work in Samsung DeX mode, please try the following steps:

1. Launch and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap Settings > Advanced, and toggle Allow screenshots on.
    3. Go to the Settings app on your device.
    4. Tap Samsung DeX > About Samsung DeX.
    5. Tap on Samsung DeX 5 times.
    6. When prompted, turn on developer mode.
    7. Tap Back.
    8. Tap Developer options, then select Force activities to be resizable.
    9. Restart Samsung DeX.

We've found that this workaround gets 1Password working in Samsung DeX mode for most people.

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

How is that going on?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jimger:

We don't have anything new to share about this, sorry!

• Ido
    Ido
    Community Member

Would be really nice if 1 password would also work for Vivaldi. I am missing this feature right now on my phone.

• Thanks, @Ido. I'll share your request with our team.

• 0x49D1
    0x49D1
    Community Member

Another request for Vivaldi autofill here: they've released the stable version on the mobile browser too and it's quite good to try it as the main browser. One of the most annoying things for me now is that autofill is not working in it :D Sorry, I'm spoiled with your service! :)

• @0x49D1 I'll pass your request to our development team, as well. Thanks!

• Thomas_Griffiths
    Thomas_Griffiths
    Community Member

Vivaldi for Android officially released https://vivaldi.com/blog/1-day-2-big-vivaldi-browser-releases/ - already supported by Bitwarden , lets beat Lastpass to the punch! ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @Thomas_Griffiths :+1: :)

• rawkode
    rawkode
    Community Member

Can someone help me understand why this doesn't work out of the box?

Surely nothing specific for Vivaldi is needed, as the Android autofill APIs are supported by the browser; yet 1Password isn't working.

Why is that?

• @rawkode Unfortunately it doesn't work out of the box, as we're not seeing Autofill requests from Vivaldi. Would you be willing to share where you've found information on Vivaldi supporting Android's Autofill APIs?

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

@peri I think it is in their hidden now bug reports the autofill api implementation. I don't know how bitwarden does that but it isn't through autofill.

• @jimger I'm not sure either. We'd like to support Vivaldi in the future, and I've passed your request on to our team.

• Ido
    Ido
    Community Member

Any update on this? I am really really missing this feature.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Not yet @Ido, sorry!

• deejee
    deejee
    Community Member

Any update on this yet? I recently switched from LastPass to 1Password and I love 1password. But would love to have autofill working for Vivaldi on android.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Not yet @deejee, sorry! But I have added your request to the internal discussion we have about this :+1:

This discussion has been closed.