1Password auto-fill box keeps appearing in app even when signed in.

rb_stern
rb_stern
Community Member

I have an Android app called eBird, on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone. It's a widely used app for birders, to enter data as a citizen science activity. Version 2.0 has just come out. I logged in initially with my 1Password data, and now it remembers me and I no longer need to (just like version 1 did). But now, once I'm using the app, the 1Password autofill box keeps appearing within the app. I can swipe it away, but it's a nuisance. It happens if I close then re-open the app, and when I re-boot the phone. I don't want to delete then re-download the app from Google Play, as there is a year's worth of data in it. I asked the eBird forum, and they thought it is likely to be an issue how 1Password is reading the app's screen/fields, and I should ask here. It doesn't happen with any other app, or with any browser on my laptop. So how can I fix it, please?

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: --
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @rb_stern. Can you let me know if there's a text field in this app? I wonder if the system is misreading the page and putting the prompt on another field type.

• rb_stern
    rb_stern
    Community Member

Yes, I think the app is basically a data base, but there are places to add text in each bird species heading, so presumably there is a text field.

• rb_stern
    rb_stern
    Community Member

So other than disabling auto fill, which would be a nuisance in other apps, what can I do?

• peri
    edited December 2019

Thanks for confirming that, @rb_stern. Unfortunately I don't have a workaround at the moment. However, I'll report this to our development team.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#738

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

How can I disable the fill in password prompt for certain apps? For example it is prompting to fill in the location code for the parking meter app used in my city.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• peri
    edited December 2019

Hey @mcg88. I hope you don't mind, but I've gone ahead and merged your thread with this one on the same subject. :smile:

This is a known issue with the Autofill with 1Password prompt appearing in fields where it shouldn't, and I'll pass your feedback on to our developers as well.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#738

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

@peri Thanks. This is a relatively new issue. has been happening for a week or two now but hasn't been an issue with the same app in the past

• Gotcha. I'll let our team know. Thanks for the info!

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

@peri whats the latest on this?

• @mcg88 I don't have any news on this issue at the moment, but I'll update you when I have something to report!

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

@peri

This has taken a turn for the worse. The dialog no longer has a dismiss button so I can't get it off my screen.

• Hi @mcg88, whilst the prompt no longer has a button to dismiss it, if you start typing it should immediately dismiss itself.

Is that happening for you?

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

@andiAG The problem is I'm trying to click a button that is hidden underneath the prompt.

• @mcg88 Ah, gotcha.

Does this page of the app also bring up the keyboard? If it does then dismissing the keyboard using the down arrow next to the home button should have the same effect. Does that work?

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

That does not work. The 1password prompt does not get dismissed when I dismiss the keyboard using the down arrow.

• @mcg88 Thanks for the feedback, could you tell me which app this is (a link to Google Play would be great)?
    That way we can test on our end too. Cheers :)

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

@andiAG https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paybyphone

An option to block the prompt from certain apps would be incredibly useful in these situations.

• andiAG
    edited October 2019

Thanks @mcg88 I'll pass that on and we can investigate.

In my brief testing with the app, if I tap in the grey space between the search bar and the results, then that also dismisses the 1Password prompt too. Not ideal but might help see you through.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#838

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

@andiAG Hmmm- that doesn't appear to work on my device. My recent's and favorites have items in them since I use the app quite frequently so that may be causing a difference. I've tried tapping all parts of the screen outside of the prompt and none of them dismis it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mcg88: Which Android and 1Password versions are you using? You didn't include that information in your original post, so I wonder if that might account for the difference in what you're seeing compared to Andi.

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

@brenty

1pass 7.3.1

android

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mcg88: Thanks! I think Andi is done for the day, so I can't confirm this, but I suspect he's using the beta (not sure what device/OS he's on though). Would you be willing to try that? Perhaps some change we've made there is what's helping, though it could just as easily be some other difference.

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

@brenty updated. same issue on 7.3.2

• Hi @mcg88. Sorry, but we have not been able to address this issue yet. I'll let you know when we have something to report. You can also feel free to keep an eye on our release notes.

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

@brenty @andiAG any update on this issue?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Not yet @mcg88, sorry. Please keep an eye out on the release notes to see when this has been fixed.

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

There have been atleast 3 beta updates since I've reported this issue. What is the latest on getting it resolved?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Although changes will show up in the betas first, it isn't possible for any given beta to resolve all outstanding issues. And first it is necessary to determine the cause and develop a means to address it.

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

@brenty has there been any progress on that front? Not being able to dismiss / disable the prompt on certain apps is quite a hindrance at times when it pops up in irrelevant fields.

• Hi @mcg88, we've got nothing to share at the moment but we are tracking this, and will let you know as soon as we've got some news :)

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#815

This discussion has been closed.