2FA Attribute Title (as an authenticator for external sites)

Firstly I love the 2FA integration in 1Password.
However the user-friendliness needs to be improved a bit.

• The instructions make you manually type a label "One-time password" in the app. This is clunky - I should be able to click a button to add the OTP without typing this label
  • The label doesn't show in the browser extension. In the browser extension, when I right click a login, I see the username and password attributes, but the 2FA has no label. It still works, but doesn't look great having no label

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• It seems to me that you might be on an older version of 1Password, @Al Nelson. In the latest, choosing the OTP field type will auto-label the field as a one-time password and both those automatic labels and those I set myself in the past show in the extension for me. Could you share what version of 1Password for Windows you're using, by chance? If it does turn out to be the latest, it seems something must be going wrong for you and we'll need to take a closer look. :+1:

• Al Nelson
    Al Nelson
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Hi,
    My 1Password is 7.3.712. Chrome extension shows 4.7.5.90 for the extension. I thought the extension auto-updates?

I do see the easier option when creating a login through the App now - maybe the KBA just needs an update to reflect this. However when I right-click a login, I do not see the label at all for old OTP settings.

• Do these old OTPs have a label in the main app, @Al Nelson? I feel like it's possible that, depending on the age of that particular entry, there might maybe be some that aren't populating properly in the right-click menu, but I've not been able to find any in my own data thus far so I'm wondering if perhaps the label itself might maybe be missing for some of those older items. Am I correct that newly-added OTPs are properly showing their label everywhere it's expected?

• Al Nelson
    Al Nelson
    Community Member

Hi,
    I had an old one with label "token". I changed this to "one-time password" but still it did not work with right-click.
    I recreated it from scratch, and it did work (first time for me) - may need to recreate my old ones.

• Strange! Thanks for doing that additional digging, @Al Nelson. Do you have any idea how old these fields are? Is it possible they were imported from 1Password 4 for example? Something like this generally means we're not reading the data for that field quite properly, so finding a way to identify what circumstances create a field that doesn't show that label would be a great help in figuring out what's going wrong under the hood. :+1:

• Al Nelson
    Al Nelson
    Community Member

More than likely from 1P4, yep.

• Thanks so much for the additional help, @Al Nelson! I've still got 1Password 4 kicking around myself, so I'll set myself up with a few OTPs and take a look. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.