Padded border causes 2fa QR code scan failure

Hi,

I just set up 2fa for my Epic Games account and I had to mess around with the page styling to get the QR code to scan properly. Here's a screenshot of what their page looks like:

As you can see, there is a rounded, padded light-grey border around the QR code. I had to turn off the rounding and either the padding or the border itself in order to get the 1pass extension to recognize the code.

Side note: if a less technical user were to encounter this problem, is there a way to give 1pass the manual entry key and add the 2fa code that way? I looked for it but couldn't find it in the extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Firefox 69
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Cldfire! I'm so glad you were able to figure that out. That's a bummer they set the border-radius to 15px on a QR code. I haven't seen that until now, to be honest. I'm wondering if our 1Password desktop apps would behave any differently than 1Password X here.

I decided to give it a try with 1Password for Mac, and the QR code was found there. I'll go ahead and get an issue filed for the 1Password X team about this. I appreciate you getting it on our radar.

To answer your question, there isn't another way to set up OTP directly in 1Password X, but you'd be able to set it up in the 1Password web app (https://my.1password.com) by following the steps in this article.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

ref: xplatform/xplatform#130

• Cldfire
    Cldfire
    Community Member

Thank you!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Absolutely! I hope you enjoy the rest of your week. :)

This discussion has been closed.