Setting up 2FA or One Time Passwords with Google accounts

I'm trying to set up 2FA/One Time Passwords with all my google accounts with 1Password. Is this possible or can it only be done with the google authenticator app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @BBech,

You can use 1Password if you want :smile: Our support page Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication should help with the steps on how to do this. I forget precisely what version of 1Password first supported adding 2FA secrets to generate codes but it's definitely in 1Password 6 for Mac if you're not running 1Password 7. Both 1Password 4 and 7 for Windows support adding 2FA secrets.

If you have any trouble with this do let us know.

• Gdub
    Gdub
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables -
    I'm having the same issue... trying to migrate all of my 2FAs to 1Password.
    Most other 2FA enabled services have worked well, but haven't been able to get my google accounts to generate authentication codes via the 1Password QR scanner. Trying on 1Password 7 on Mac 10.13.6 desktop.
    Thanks

• G
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Gdub! Welcome to the forum!

but haven't been able to get my google accounts to generate authentication codes via the 1Password QR scanner.

Can you please elaborate a bit on what happens exactly? Do you get an error message when you try to scan your Google account's QR code?

• Gdub
    Gdub
    Community Member

Thanks for reaching out @ag_ana - I'm not sure what I was doing wrong before, but it seems to be working fine now as a "one time password" item.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Gdub, you are very welcome! I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.