having 1password family plan, how to update all members to version 7

Options
Louisltp
Louisltp
Community Member

I have a 1password family plan($59.85 paid Aug 13, 2019, paid every year). I updated my iMac 1 password to version 7. However, my husband is still on version 6.8.8. How can he update to version 7? does he have to buy his own update even though we are on a family plan? Thanks

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:updating family plan to version 7

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019
    Options

@Louisltp - first of all, thank you for being a 1Password customer! :) If your husband is a member of your 1Password Families account, then no, neither of you has to pay anything additional to use any of our native 1Password applications for Windows, Mac, iOS or Android. They are all included in the annual subscription -- including all future upgrades to the apps, for as long as you maintain the membership.

If your husband is using a Mac that's got at least macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”) or later installed, he can download and install 1Password 7 for Mac. If he is using only the 1Password Families account/vaults, then this should be a pretty smooth process. You can find instructions for upgrading here, though if he's already using the 1Password Families account, it shouldn't require much more beyond installation and signing in. Let us know if you run into any trouble. If your husband's Mac is running an older version of macOS, I'd consider upgrading, but if you can't or aren't ready to, 1Password 6 for Mac can still - for now - use your 1password.com membership just fine. :)

• Louisltp
    Louisltp
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect, it works, thanks a lot

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Louisltp - great! Glad I was able to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.