1P 7 not filling some items

Options

I've checked the other threads that seem similar, but they don't cover these issues. I've just installed 1P version 7 under the month's free subscription trial and it seems generally to be working fine. However, two things no longer work:

1) My bank has a 2-stage login process. The first step requires a Customer Number and my Date of Birth. The second requires a piece of memorable data and three numbers from a 6-digit passnumber. Under 1P 6, the menu in 1P mini listed correctly the name of the relevant login item. While on the first step, hitting Enter entered the Customer Number which was down under "username" in the 1P item. I entered DOB manually. While on the second step, hitting Enter entered the memorable data, which was listed in the 1P item as both the password and as an item named "memorable data". I entered the passnumber digits manually.

Under 1P 7 the automated steps no longer work. During step 1 1P knows which website it is, judging by the entry in the "Suggestions" drop-down, but doesn't recognise it as requiring a login. Instead the list on the left of the 1P mini window shows a selection of credit and debit cards, and the top of those (showing in detail on the right-hand side) is from a completely different bank. When I get to the second step, 1P mini now shows the correct login item, but hitting Enter or clicking Autofill does not enter the memorable data.

2) On the login page for my Amazon account, bringing up 1P mini lists the website correctly and hitting Enter enters the password. However, under 1P 6 that action also triggered the Submit button, while under 1P 7 I have to do that as an extra stage. Only a small retrograde step, but annoying.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @mpi

As far as the first issue goes, I would suggest trying to remake the login entry. Bank websites can be somewhat strange, especially since yours seems to have a nonstandard sign in flow, and a lot was changed in the background between 1Password 6 and 7. So likely recreating the login entry will help solve it.

As for the second issue, with autosubmit, that's because the method we used to use for autosubmit, having the ability for a browser extension to simulate keystrokes, has started to be prevented by macOS as of 10.14 for security reasons as such behaviour can used to do some rather nefarious things. We have tried to find alternative methods to implement autosubmit but have not been able to do so. Unfortunately that means autosubmit had to be removed. Sorry for the trouble.

• mpi
    mpi
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Thanks @Corey_C,

I had already tried to remake the login entry, but found no way of creating one that would have a different result. The oddest thing (as indicated in my original post) is that, in step 1, the left-hand window shows a list of credit cards, and the card at the top of the list is from an entirely different bank. Why would 1P not put just items from the proper bank in its list? And what can I do about it?

• @mpi

I had already tried to remake the login entry, but found no way of creating one that would have a different result.

Did you try the steps in this guide?

Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

If you are still having trouble please provide the URL to the bank's login page and we can see if there is anything more that can be done for it. This does sound like a very atypical login form, so it may unfortunately be the case that we simply won't be able to properly fill it.

The oddest thing (as indicated in my original post) is that, in step 1, the left-hand window shows a list of credit cards, and the card at the top of the list is from an entirely different bank.

All credit cards will show as suggestions on all pages. This is because Credit Card items are not used for logging in to websites, but rather for entering payment details.

Why would 1P not put just items from the proper bank in its list? And what can I do about it?

This behavior (what I described re: Credit Card items) is not customizable.

Ben

• mpi
    mpi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the comments and the link, @Ben. I hadn't seen that page, so I went through the process it describes. No difference, I'm afraid. The bank is the UK's Nationwide: https://www.nationwide.co.uk. Login page is https://onlinebanking.nationwide.co.uk/AccessManagement/IdentifyCustomer/IdentifyCustomer

• Thank you for sharing the URL @mpi. I did a search of our issue tracker based on that URL and it appears this is an issue that has been reported to our development team with regard to that website (as well as a few others). Hopefully our development team will be able to track down what is causing this to happen and resolve the issue in a future update. In the mean time, unfortunately, I'm not aware of any workaround that will allow the form for this site to be filled. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Ben

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#569

• mpi
    mpi
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Thanks @Ben

• mpi
    mpi
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben. Just to note – in view of 1P's difficulties with this, I've set it up with Safari's own username / password system. It handles it fine – gives me appropriate options for the autofill field in both steps of the operation.

• @mpi on behalf of Ben, you're very welcome, and I'm glad you have a workaround for yourself in the meantime. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.