To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Display of the password strength

Hello, I have a suggestion that will be of benefit to me and to me, also in the interests of many of your clients, and that I will see the password strength for every password everywhere, not just in Safari, but also in all other applications and gadgets (fantastic, very good, etc.) Not only would this cause a comforting sense of the user when selecting a login, but it would also likely cause the user to change it to a strong password password generator when using a less strong password Indicator is reminded.

I would look forward to a positive response!

Gruber Johann.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Johann_Gruber

There isn't a mechanism available to us to change the UI of 3rd party apps such that they include a password strength indicator. I love the idea, but it isn't currently technically possible.

Ben

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

Hi ben,

thank you for your reply! I'm glad that my suggestion is a good idea for you. Nevertheless, I do not quite understand the meaning of your answer with the third-party providers. After all, if I open the gadget X from 1Password in safari or on chrome, an application of 1 password will open or am I wrong? I look forward to your response!

Greetings from Gruber Johann.

• @Johann_Gruber

Safari and Chrome (and most web browsers) have extension frameworks that make it possible for 3rd party developers to modify the behavior of those browsers, within the constraints of the provided frameworks. Most non-browser applications don't have such a framework, and as such it isn't possible for us to modify them.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.