Need help. One time passwords are inaccurate on my PC. I already made sure time correct.

Options

I have 1Password installed on my personal PC, work PC, an iphone, and an iPad. I only have problems with One-Time Passwords on my personal PC. I already made sure my time is 100 percent accurate in both Windows and BIOS. I've already tried reinstalling. I tried both desktop app and chrome extension. No luck...

I'll attach a screenshot to show that my time is spot on to the exact second.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Windows 10 1903
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:one time password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @leon1298! Welcome to the forum!

Are your One-Time Passwords rejected on every website on your Windows PC?

• leon1298
    leon1298
    Community Member
    Options

Figured it out. It was a weird time issue on my PC. Windows time displayed in taskbar was correct but "System Clock" was off. I originally had to set the time manually because my PC wouldn't let me change time zones but even if the time displayed is right, if the timezone is not set properly your system time will be off.

To fix windows not letting me change my timezone I had first had to install gpedit since it does not come with home edition of windows. After that, under Local Policies I gave myself permission to change timezones. Once timezone was set properly everything started working fine.

Used this guide to fix "You do not have permission to perform this task.” when attempting to change time zone in control panel:
    https://superuser.com/questions/404526/error-when-trying-to-change-the-time-zone-in-windows-unable-to-continue-you-d

Used this guide to install gpedit since its needed in the guide above.
    https://www.itechtics.com/enable-gpedit-windows-10-home/

I work in tech support so be aware that you can mess things up if your not careful.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sharing your solution, @leon1298! That's strange your system clock was off although the displayed time was accurate. I'll keep that in mind in case I notice anyone else run into a similar issue. ❤️

This discussion has been closed.