Does the new version lock more frequently?

Since upgrading to the new version, as well as the new version of the Chrome browser extension, I seem to have to unlock 1Password a lot more often. This often happens when i get to a website and the little icon in the username/password field has the lock icon and I have to do ctrl+shift+x. I have switched the option in Settings for autolock to off, and I know it should be locked after a restart, but it seems to happen a lot more often. I don't shut down or restart my computer very much, and I prefer to have 1Password always unlocked (not a shared computer, etc.). I haven't been able to pinpoint when this is happening, but since updating it seems to happen a lot. Easy enough for me, but my wife and kids get a bit confused/annoyed by it.
Not much data to go on, I know, but thought I might have missed another option or something. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bcemail,

Thanks for writing in.

You've posted in the Windows forum, I just want to clarify, are you using both 1Password for Windows desktop app and 1Password X extension together or just 1Password X for your browser?

At this moment, 1Password for Windows does not interact with the 1Password X extension, so the new Windows update shouldn't cause any changes.

When it is locking more often, is it just 1Password X or does the Windows desktop app also lock for you?

• bcemail
    bcemail
    Community Member

Hi Mike, I do have both 1Password for Windows and the 1Password X browser extension. I'm not exactly sure how they work together, so maybe I don't have them configured correctly? Should I have them both running all the time? Of course most of my password use happens in my browser (Chrome).
    Again, I'm not exactly sure of the instances in which it has been locked, so I can't really give my steps. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a setting I didn't realize. I know there have been some Windows updates lately, so my computer has restarted itself.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bcemail, thank you for the additional info!

1Password X works independently from 1Password 7 for Windows, a standalone app that you have installed on your computer. Since they work separately from each other, auto-lock settings that you set in 1Password 7 do not affect 1Password X (and vice versa).

Please check the auto-lock settings in both: in 1Password 7 go to 1Password > Settings > Security:

In 1Password X, click gear icon, click Settings, find this option under Security:

Additionally, please note that 1Password X will lock, if you close your browser. Let me know if the combination of these settings work for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.