Native Apple TV app?

Options
lysander
lysander
Community Member

Does Agilbits plan to release an Apple TV native app for logging into TV apps?

I find it awkward to use my iPhone to get app password fields filled. I often have open 1P on my phone and copy the password to the clipboard before attempting to complete the sign-in process.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lysander!

We don't have plans at the moment to release an Apple TV app. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about this though, we appreciate any idea :)

• joshuaparker
    joshuaparker
    Community Member
    Options

HI @lysander,

I personally use the Apple TV Remote - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-tv-remote/id1096834193 on my iPhone, which allows me to copy passwords into the password fields using the 1Password app on the iPhone.

Hopefully, this will help for now; I don't think that the Apple TV supports Password managers or has an API for this for them to be able to implement this any way, but I have not had any issues with logging into stuff using the Apple Remote App =)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@joshuaparker - thanks for that tip, and yep, that's what I use as well -- it works pretty seamlessly for those of us whose Netflix and Amazon Prime passwords are thirty or forty random characters. That can be a real chore to type out using an Apple remote interface.

This discussion has been closed.