To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgraded from very old 1Password to 7 on Mac. Stuck in trial, just want to pay for membership. How?

Options

Can't figure out how to purchase. Website continues to revert to trial memberships. Mac user. Upgrade to 1Password 7 and transfer of vault appears successful. Want to print out secret key or something like that but cannot get key until I have paid membership. I simply want to give you money but the website isn't clear on how to do that without a trial and I can't get beyond that point.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded from very old 1Password to 7 on Mac. Stuck in trial, just want to pay for membership. How?

Comments

• onetallsprout
    onetallsprout
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind. Figured it out after several hours of roadblocks. I have found the website to be very "kludgy" and unintuitive. What I suggest is a clear roadmap with step-by-step instructions from a single, easily-found webpage for those who need to upgrade from a license to a membership. I am happy to change to a subscription service as I believe I have received my money's worth on the old license. However, when all i want is to give you my money and cannot do so, it is quite frustrating. What I encountered was a circuitous path to a dead end or return to where I started (unable to pay, unable to obtain my special ultra secret code, unable to get off the website treadmill).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@onetallsprout: Sorry for the confusion. Rather than the free trial being restricted in some way, it's simply an opportunity to "test drive" the membership before committing to it.

It sounds like you should be all set, but in case it helps you or anyone else, you can find a lot of good information on our support site -- https://support.1password.com -- and we're always happy to answer questions. There is a also a guide specifically to walk an existing user through signing up for a membership, migrating their data, and setting up their devices:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

And we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.