auto fill the form

Options
cyberdoc
cyberdoc
Community Member

Hi , when i open a website on firefox , (the ID and password are already saved with the good link in 1 password) , the id and password don t automactitly fill the form .
I have to search the name of the site and copy id then password .
I didn t see in preference how to setup this auto fill.
Thanks for your help .
Philippe from France

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cyberdoc! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please let us know what version of the 1Password browser extension you are using, and the exact version of Firefox?

Thank you!

• cyberdoc
    cyberdoc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    firefox 68.0.1 64 bits
    1password 7.31

• cyberdoc
    cyberdoc
    Community Member
    Options

I got the same problem with safari

my os Mojave 10.4.6
    safari 12.1.2

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cyberdoc: That doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the browser, since Safari and Firefox are unrelated. Did you purchase a license for 1Password for Mac version 7, or do you have a 1Password membership (which includes all the apps and updates)?

• cyberdoc
    cyberdoc
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

@brenty
    Hi I purchased a licence for 1Password for Mac version 7

Thks for your help

[account information removed by staff -- this is a public forum]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cyberdoc: you have a subscription to 1Password, which means that all the features in the app, including filling, are unlocked. I have just noticed that we haven't asked you something yet: is this happening with every website or just with a single one?

If it's just one, can you please let us know the URL so we can test it here?

I also wonder if you have installed the browser extension in your browsers. Can you please also confirm if that's the case?

• cyberdoc
    cyberdoc
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    For every website ,also for id or credit card
    yes i installed browser extension in safari and firefox , same problem.
    On my Imac and my macbook pro same problem

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cyberdoc: can you please send us a diagnostics report from this Mac so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you? You can send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• cyberdoc
    cyberdoc
    Community Member
    Options

[#NNG-82341-496]

thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! We'll take a look and continue the conversion via email. :)

ref: NNG-82341-496

• howler
    howler
    Community Member
    Options

• Exactly the same problem here. Just updated today to 1P7 for Mac via App Store.
    • Launched the app.
    • Reinstalled both browser plugins (Chrome Version 75.0.3770.142 / Safari Version 12.1.1 (14607.2.6.1.1), Mojave 10.14.5)

Now, when I right click on the login fields for ANY website, I still get the contextual menu option for 1 password, but the UI that follows only delivers the record for that URL from my vault (presented in the bigger, redesigned window). I used to be able to select the record from the list, and it would go ahead and autofill all fields.

As @cyberdoc exhibits above, the only option left then is to manually copy and paste all the login fields into the URL - which almost kills the functionality of the entire 1P user experience for me.

If autofill is actually removed from the product for some reason, I would be very, very sad.

Pls help?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @howler! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please send us a diagnostics report from your Mac too so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you? You can send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• Phill84
    Phill84
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hello, same problem here I've just updated to the new 1P7 (Macbook Pro 15 inch, 2017 10.14.5) and I can't autofill the forms with my saved passwords. I can only copy and manually paste them

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Phill84! Welcome to the forum!

I see that you have asked the same question in another forum discussion, so in order to avoid duplicating support effort and information, let's keep the conversation going over there, where my colleague Ben has asked you some questions.

• Phill84
    Phill84
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,
    thanks for your answer

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• howler
    howler
    Community Member
    Options

finally found the time to send a diagnostics report. still battling here. can someone please get some attention on my case? cannot use any of my passwords that I rely on for work every day. This is really difficult.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@howler:

Can you please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible?

Thank you!

• howler
    howler
    Community Member
    Options

I sent the email twice. No such ticket number received.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@howler: I see a single email from you about a half hour ago (which would explain why you haven't received any response yet). We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you there shortly.

ref: JWC-77237-236

In case it helps you or anyone else though, as it sounds like may be the case from some of the comments I'm reading here above, 1Password is read-only without a current license or membership, and then there will be no editing or filling available. A 1Password membership includes all the apps and updates though, so signing into the account in the app "unlocks" all of 1Password's functionality.

• howler
    howler
    Community Member
    Options

Bought the subscription. Wading through the molasses of change. Badly communicated upgrade guys. Better walkthrough built into download process or pre-purchase could have helped me a lot. Had no idea I was going to lose core functionality between one version and the next. Buyer beware, sure, but these are CORE habits for previous version users. (Autofill and Edit records). I don't actually mind paying, but did not enjoy the upgrade experience at all. Hard to recommend the service to less savvy colleagues as a result.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Bought the subscription. Wading through the molasses of change. Badly communicated upgrade guys. Better walkthrough built into download process or pre-purchase could have helped me a lot.

@howler: I'm sorry for the difficulty, but we can only help if you allow us to. I never heard back from you. We have a comprehensive guide for migrating to a 1Password membership, but if you have any questions we're happy to answer them.

Had no idea I was going to lose core functionality between one version and the next. Buyer beware, sure, but these are CORE habits for previous version users. (Autofill and Edit records).

That's not actually the case. 1Password 7 also supports editing and filling, but, as I mentioned above and via email, it will be in "read only" mode without a membership or valid license for it. That's why we explicitly refer to it as a paid upgrade when offering the new version to users running 1Password 6:

If you still need assistance with anything, please let us know the specifics so we can help.

• howler
    howler
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your efforts Brenty. I understand that transition a 'once off purchase' customer relationship to a regular subscription relationship poses many software, systems and business challenges.

As a user and advocate of 1password since 2014 (perhaps earlier), I'm simply saying that for the highly sensitive nature of the product you guys are shipping, the upgrade process from 6 to 7 was not smooth, or clear - to me at least. There's plenty of evidence of others in the same boat on the forums here.

A 'guide for migrating to a 1Password membership' should be a fallback resource, not a required workflow, nor should endless support messages for what is essentially, an upgrade that many other software solutions handle quite easily and seamlessly.

I maintain that with a bit more user research on the migration experience, and catering for both purchase and 'existing/new owner' flows via website and app store(s), the experience could have been way less scary and seamless.

Further, the reason I didn't mail you back as you assert above, is because I was busy implementing your advice to 'buy a subscription' and access all the features that I'd missed for a few weeks in the transition. I then had to test if all the passwords updated between my vaults and devices, in order to have a useful reply to your email. It took time, upon which, I then emailed you back (above) and updated you on where I was at - basically, in the molasses of change. The whole experience just basically took a fair bit of work, and was not smooth or clear.

I do appreciate the support resources you guys are throwing at this version update process, and unfortunately, I just cannot say at this point that they are appropriately organised or understanding of user experience on the setup side for me to continue recommending to friends and colleagues.

On a positive note, I'm super glad that the product is now again (mostly) working. When I figure out how to uninstall previous versions and learn the safari / chrome UI differences again for 1 password x, I'll be clearer about which version I'm using, and hopefully not bug you further. If you know of any easy way to identify, and then deinstall old app versions, browser extensions, menus etc... so that I'm actually using the intended ones, and not multiple instances that seem to be there now, that'd be great.

As an addendum, as a result of the release of the new iOS, it seems that the current install instructions for integration of autofill etc... also require updating given the new menus. https://support.1password.com/1password-extension-ios/.

Thanks again for your efforts.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@howler:

On a positive note, I'm super glad that the product is now again (mostly) working. When I figure out how to uninstall previous versions and learn the safari / chrome UI differences again for 1 password x, I'll be clearer about which version I'm using, and hopefully not bug you further. If you know of any easy way to identify, and then deinstall old app versions, browser extensions, menus etc... so that I'm actually using the intended ones, and not multiple instances that seem to be there now, that'd be great.

Do you currently have multiple versions of the 1Password app inside your Applications folder?

Thank you also for all the feedback, it's really appreciated! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@howler: I understand completely. My thought was just that much -- if not all -- of the difficulty could have been avoided with our help. I think I get where you're coming from, as I like to do things myself too. But you don't have to navigate the changes to 1Password and OS/browser releases alone. We don't have a bulletproof upgrade process because it isn't going to be one-size-fits-all, with most people having different setups. But we'll keep working to streamline things where we can do so without derailing others. And we're here for you no matter what. Thanks for the constructive criticism. :)

P.S: I'm not sure what "new menus" you're referring to with regard to iOS Password Autofill, as here it seems to be the same; but if you'll let me know the specifics I'll be happy to discuss it as we continue to update documentation as needed. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.