I need the TouchID option on iOS because it doesn't accept any password I try...

Options
bedougger
bedougger
Community Member

The problem of course with being able to use TouchID to get into 1password (I only use the iOS app) is that eventually people forget the Master Password. Like an idiot, this morning I touched the Master Password button instead of using TouchID to get in. I've spent hours trying all my fav passwords that I might have used, without success. What I need is the option to use TouchID one more time so I can hand-copy all my data, then delete the vault, set a new Master Password, then re-enter my data.

If I restore my iPhone from the backup I did earlier this week, will the 1password app again allow the TouchID method of getting in? I'm guessing not...

BTW, if I can't get past the Master Password hurdle, how do I see what version of the app I'm using?
I only use the iOS app, it's probably not the latest. iOS version is 12.4.1. A few years ago I tried to set up a family membership, but couldn't figure out how to set up or use. I have 1password on my Mac, but never use it.
In my app settings, I have "Background App Refresh" on and "Cellular Data" on, if that matters.

Doug

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iOS app and TouchID

Comments

• bedougger
    bedougger
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

After another hour of thinking/trying, I entered the correct series of characters and I'm in - so thankful for that!
    And I've written it down in a safe place :-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019
    Options

Thank you for the update @bedougger! I am happy to hear that everything is fine again :) And welcome to the forum too!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.