iPadOS public beta 4 won’t unlock

Xephrey
Xephrey
Community Member

I know this has been brought up before. I figured I’d add my voice to the chorus. iPadOS will not be in beta in two days, so this should probably be fixed sooner rather than later. I’m pretty surprised it’s been unsolved for this long.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Xephrey,

Can you please follow the instructions on https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios to send us a diagnostics report?

• Xephrey
    Xephrey
    Community Member

Sent. Thank you for your reply.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Xephrey: I'm not seeing anything in the inbox from this address. Can you tell me the Support ID you received?

• Xephrey
    Xephrey
    Community Member

Sorry, I'm not seeing any number explicitly labeled as a 'Support ID'. I'm seeing account UUID, Crash ID, User UUID, etc.

• Xephrey
    Xephrey
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

The report was sent from [removed by 1Password staff; this is a public forum]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Xephrey: Got it! Sorry, it looks like you hadn't been sent a Support ID yet. I've found and merged the messages you sent, so we'll take a look and continue the conversation via email. :)

ref: MXU-29162-258

• Xephrey
    Xephrey
    Community Member

Must be quite the issue. Any updates?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019

I replied to you via email seven days ago, but we have not yet been able to determine why this is happening for some folks. :(

ref: dev/apple/issues#3906

• Xephrey
    Xephrey
    Community Member

Oh, now I see your message. Looks like I missed it.

• Xephrey
    Xephrey
    Community Member

I found a solution that worked for me. The first time I attempt a master password entry, it has to be from the fully-expanded software keyboard. If I made the attempt from the smaller, swipe-enabled keyboard, the app would hang on ‘Unlocked’ indefinitely. I hope this helped someone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the update! It looks like using the default (non-split/floating) keyboard avoids this issue. Perhaps that will help us figure out what's going on with this as well.

This discussion has been closed.