Password dots aren't seen when 1Password X is invoked on an external display/monitor

I have a macbook pro connected to two external monitors. When 1Password X is invoked from a locked state on the main (laptop) display, password entry appears as expected: dots are seen as I type, concealing my password.

On an external monitor, however, dots are not seen--in fact, nothing is seen--as I type my password. However, once I press Enter, I'm logged in like usual.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Michael Paul! We've done our research on this one, and we realized there's a bug in Chromium that causes some lag in extensions that have pop-ups while using an external display. If you're curious about the issue, you can check it out here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=971701

We've done what we can to help the Chromium team which included making a barebones extension with only a text field in a pop-up just to see if it happened there to. It did, so now we're in a bit of a bind waiting for Chromium to get the issue resolved. I'm sorry I don't have a better solution in the meantime, but the good news is that your Master Password is being typed even though you can't see it. Typing your Master Password and pressing enter allows you to sign in or you can always move the browser window over to your primary display.

Let me know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.