1Password 6 will not sync with iCloud on my iMac. Why?

iOS 13 and MacOS 10.1406
I tried to sync my Mac with my phone and it wasn't working until sunk with WLAN. But that created duplicate entries both on my phone and Mac. Now I can't sync my primary vault with iCloud. My biggest problem is the duplicated entries.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.1406
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Not syncing with iCloud

Comments

• Hi @jdeditor,

My biggest problem is the duplicated entries.

We introduced a duplicate removal tool in 1Password v7, but that would require an upgrade. Unfortunately v6 doesn't have any such tool. It may make the process easier to sort your item list by date modified, so that you can more easily see what changes were made recently.

Now I can't sync my primary vault with iCloud.

What sort of difficulty are you having when trying to sync with iCloud?

Please let me know.

Ben

• jdeditor
    jdeditor
    Community Member

I just won't let me sync.

• @jdeditor

Is iCloud one of the options in the dropdown where it says "none" in the first screenshot? If so, what happens when you select that?

Ben

• jdeditor
    jdeditor
    Community Member

Yes, it is but when I try to choose it, the second screenshot pops up. "Disabling Sync"

• @jdeditor

Okay. Check the 'delete data from the folder' option and then click 'disable sync.' Does that then allow you to establish syncing via iCloud?

Ben

• jdeditor
    jdeditor
    Community Member

Yes. Now it's asking me to enable iCloud

• jdeditor
    jdeditor
    Community Member

Which I have and I get this now

• jdeditor
    jdeditor
    Community Member

I think we can stop. My frastration with this has made me give up and upgrade to 7, the family plan.

• I'm glad to hear you're getting on board with 1Password 7 and 1Password Families, but I'm sorry it is only due to frustration with your existing setup. Fortunately I do think you'll have a much better time going forward with 1Password Families.

We have a guide on migrating to membership here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.