To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What happened to simple?

I have 1Password 6 stand alone on 2 Mac's and 1 Windows machine.
Apparently, this is being phased out and Safari won't work with it, etc.
I don't care what I have to do to make it work with whatever is current.
1Password 7, 1Password X, I'm so confused.
Please guide me to a resolution, take my money, and let me continue using the app without all this frustration.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• stevelasvegas
    stevelasvegas
    Community Member

Oh, also, 4 ios devices that need a functioning app.
    Thank you

• stevelasvegas
    stevelasvegas
    Community Member

Oh yeah, then there is 1Password Family. Not simple anymore.

• stevelasvegas
    stevelasvegas
    Community Member

Have 1Password 6 on 2 Mac's and 1 iPad.
    OK, I think I have installed and subscribed to 1Password Family.
    I exported the .1pif files from each account and imported them into the Steves Family account.
    Now I want them to have access to their vaults.
    Do I send them an invite? I'm afraid that is going to set up a different vault.
    I am the Private account. I am trying to configure Melissa and Linda.
    How should I proceed?
    Thanks!

• Hi @stevelasvegas

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble getting started. With 1Password Families each family member gets their own Private vault, which no other family member can see. Everyone by default also has access to the built-in Shared vault. Additional vaults can be created and shared, but the Private vault is always private and unique to the family member who it is associated with. You can learn about how to invite family members and share vaults with them here:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

If you currently have access to their passwords in a shared vault, and you/they would prefer that not be the arrangement, they can move their items from the appropriate shared vault (after you share it with them) into their Private vault. If instead the intention is for you to have access to all of their items and for them to not use their Private vault, you may wish to adjust the All Vaults preferences in 1Password for Mac when signed into their accounts:

1Password > Preferences > Vaults

• Under Show in All Vaults: uncheck their Private vault
    • Under Vault for Saving: set this to the appropriate vault (e.g. "Linda" for Linda)

If you haven't gotten your account set up in the apps on each of your devices yet instructions can be found here:

Please note that once data migration is complete all standalone vaults (the ones listed under "On my Mac") should be deleted from everyone's install. Instructions can be found here:

After removing the Primary vault the 1Password apps will unlock using the Master Password of the 1Password.com account.

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• stevelasvegas
    stevelasvegas
    Community Member

Thanks for the info. I'm working on it.
    My add to the suggestion box would be to provide a support service for a fee that would allow you to screen share with us. Following the back-and-forth process via the support portal is very inefficient for old guys like me.

• Thanks for the suggestion, @stevelasvegas. I think it is a great idea. The challenge is we're already consistently growing our team whenever we can find the right people and even as such we're admittedly having a little trouble keeping up. While I still tend to think of 1Password being a "small" company, we're well past the point where I can even come close to saying I know everyone who works here. When I first started 11 years ago there were about 10 of us. Not too many years ago we were less than 100. Now we are in the 160 ballpark. We'd love to be able to offer more 'white glove' type service, but right now we just don't have the resources to meet the demand.

Ben

• Bearii
    Bearii
    Community Member

even better for me would be if you had a real time chat function with screen sharing

• That would be great. Hopefully someday we'll be able to offer that.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.