To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Tell me about my license. I think it has expired. Also, I don't have my Secret Key.

Options
pmkeller
pmkeller
Community Member

Tell me about my license, please. I think it has lapsed. What is the cost for renewal? Also, I don't have my Secret Key that seems to be required for anything. It is nowhere to be found.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: Mac 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Tell me about my license. I think it has expired. Also, I don't have my Secret Key.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pmkeller: Licenses never expire or require renewal, but they are only for the specific version you purchased. You will only have an account with a Secret Key, Sign In Address, etc. if you've signed up for a 1Password membership. I'd recommend that since the subscription includes all of the apps and updates, automatic offsite backup, and no license management or sync configuration -- you simply sign into your account on each device. Pricing depends on the plan you choose, but an individual membership is about 3$US per month. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

• pmkeller
    pmkeller
    Community Member
    Options

[sigh] Signing into my account seems to require that Secret Key. Am I wrong? I purchased my license on July 30, 2018 (I have the email) and it's worked fine until about a month ago.

On Aug. 29, 2018, I got this message: "Hi Peter. Your free trial for 1Password Families has ended, and your "Keller" membership is now frozen. You can subscribe at any time to get back to sharing with your family." Well, it worked for another year! When I click on Subscribe Now, it asks for my Email, Secret Key and Master Password. Since I have no Secret Key, I can't subscribe. In the 1Password program, same thing. No Secret Key, no logging on. What now?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pmkeller: Indeed, as I mentioned above, you will only have an account with a Secret Key, Sign In Address, etc. if you've signed up for a 1Password membership. It has nothing to do with a license purchase, but sounds like you did a trial of a membership a while back. Rather than having "worked for another year", you've been using 1Password with a license you purchased instead.

If you have your account credentials, you can use them to sign in and subscribe to the membership. If you do not have them, you will need to delete the old account and start over with a new one:

1. In a web browser, go to https://start.1password.com/support , enter the account's email address, and click "Continue"
    2. Click the blue button in the email you receive to view your account(s)
    3. Click the account you want to delete
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click "Delete Account" to confirm.

After that, you just need to follow this guide to sign up for a membership, migrate your existing data to the account, and setup your devices:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

And if you have any questions along the way, let me know. :)

• pmkeller
    pmkeller
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. That sounds like something I can do that’ll actually fix the problem. 😁

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That should do the trick, but we're here if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.