To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Error in "move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account"

Options
alanackerman
alanackerman
Community Member

I created a new 1Password account ($3/month) and then I tried to follow

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account at https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

When I issued "Add this account to 1Password", I got a a red error message saying there were problems. Alas I did not take a screen-shot of the message and now it has gone away.

In https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/88758/move-existing-1password-data-to-a-1password-account it says:

...how do I know that it is safe to remove my old vault?
Look at it -- is it empty? If so, it's safe to remove because there's nothing in it any longer. You can use the vault menu at the top left of the main 1Password menu to switch vaults to the Primary vault, and if you see no items there, go ahead.

So I tried that, and Primary still has 528 items. Personal has 543 items and 1Phone has 522 items.

Now what do I do? Where are the error messages? Is there some way to compare vaults?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.3.BETA-2 (70303002) 1Passw
Extension Version: 1Password 7.3.3.BETA-2
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Error in "move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account"

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @alanackerman

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty migrating. I just had another report today from someone who got an error message but everything was migrated successfully. If you log in at https://my.1password.com/ are you able to view all of your data? If so then it is safe to delete the non-Personal vaults. The only vault you should have is Personal.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• alanackerman
    alanackerman
    Community Member
    Options

Not really. For example, I see 2 copies of "Bank of America Health Care" there, with 2 different passwords, but both are wrong. The correct password is on my iPhone,. I haven't yet joined my iPhone to my Personal account. Somehow my iPhone got out of sync with my iMac. (Damn DropBox.) That's why I created the iPhone Vault. But both the Primary and iPhone vaults on my iMac have (different) old password, and only the one on my iPhone is correct. How do I merge all three so the right (most recent) password appears in Personal?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alanackerman:

I see 2 copies of "Bank of America Health Care" there, with 2 different passwords, but both are wrong.

Where are the original copies of these items? In other words, which vault did you move them from?

• alanackerman
    alanackerman
    Community Member
    Options

I don't use this account very often, and at least twice my password has not worked so I lose a new one. So the other ones are just old passwords. One is probably from my Primary vault from when 1Passwords was syncing successfully between my iMac and iPhone. Once they stopped syncing I copied all my passwords from my iPhone to my iMac as vault "iPhone", and the second one is from then.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alanackerman:

If you login to your account in a browser on 1Password.com, does the version of the item that you see there have the correct password?

This discussion has been closed.