To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can I deactivate my personal vault on my work computer when I am logged on with one account?

Options
mark24332
mark24332
Community Member

Hi there!

I love using 1PW and find it of great use. At my work we do not use a password manager. Therefore I started using my 1PW private account to save work passwords too. In terms of hierarchy this is my setup: one personal account with two vaults: a personal vault and a work vault.

At the same time I am not super comfortable with the fact that my personal vault is also on my work computer. Ideally I want to separate this and not have my personal vault on my work computer. Is there a way to deactivate certain vaults and prevent them from loading on certain devices?

Or would this simply mean having to go for two separate billing accounts? Is it something that might be considered for the future as a feature? Or is it seen as too small of a use case? Happy to hear your thoughts on this. :chuffed:

I am the only one that is also using my personal account at work? How are others dealing with this? :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1Password X Chrome (latest version)
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: My 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mark24332!

If you want to keep your personal and work data really separate, I recommend using two 1Password accounts. Although I have seen some users recommend a 1Password Families account with multiple users: a work user, and a private user, so you can login to the correct account in the app, depending on what computer you are on :)

This discussion has been closed.