Bitdefender Central multi-screen login on Win 10

Options
rickapel
rickapel
Community Member
edited October 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Just a few quick questions regarding multiscreen logins.
I am quickly gaining experience with 1Password after about a month and so far love it.
I have managed to get all 1password single-screen logins working and have resorted to manually methods for the multi-screen logins.

So in general, are automated multi-screen logins supported?

My biggest problem right now is logging into Bitdefender Central.

1) This is a multiscreen login which I let 1password create the entry for but it failed to initially capture the userid on the first screen and did capture the password on the 2nd screen.

2) After noticing that, I went into 1password and manually added the** userid**.

3) When you invoke the login from 1password it fails to fill in the userid on the first page of that site, but does go to the 2nd page and fills in the password.

Note: My default browser is Firefox which has the 1passwod extention installed. Please note that the login entry was initially captured using google Chrome which has the 1password extention installed also. I just installed 1password and extentions on this laptop so they are at the latest levels. Win 10 maint was just updated yesterday. Let me know if any of those details are needed immediately.

The URL for that is:
https://login.bitdefender.com/central/password.html?lang=en_US&redirect_url=https://central.bitdefender.com/activity

Is there a potential solutions for that?

Comments

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member
    Options

I edited the URL stored in 1password and changed password.html to login.html and it brings me to the initial correct login screen, so I can handle it by manually selecting the 1password icon to drive the insertion of the userid and then the password at the second screen.
    The new URL thus looks like this:

https://login.bitdefender.com/central/login.html?lang=en_US&redirect_url=https://central.bitdefender.com/activity

Now the final question I need to pose is if it is possible to automate the multi-screen login?

• Hey @rickapel! The answer to your situation depends on which browser extension you're using. If you're using the older, desktop-app dependent extension, you'll want to follow this guide to save and fill those split-page login forms. On each page, you'll need to choose to autofill manually with your keyboard shortcut or by clicking the 1Password extension and filling from there.

However, you could also give 1Password X a shot, if you haven't already. It handles these split pages much more smoothly. For example, on google.com, after choosing which username/email I want to use, that is filled in for me. When I press continue/next/whatever the button is labeled and I'm then brought to the password page, 1Password X has already taken note of the fact that it filled the username but didn't get the chance to fill the password. It will then see this password field and fill it in automatically, without needing to choose the login and choosing to fill again! It's pretty magical. :smile: I'd suggest giving 1Password X a try, if you haven't already, and if you have a 1Password account (it's only for those with a 1Password membership).

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Thanks for the reply @ag_michaelc !
    I love automation and will be trying out the 1Password X ententions but just had a few high level questions.

1. Is it as simple as just uninstalling the old style extentions in the browsers and using the newer 1Password X extentions?
    2. My understanding is that there is no underlying change in the 1Password database to use the new extentions.
    3. My understanding is that the new X extentions actually interface directly with the 1Password cloud account.
    4. If item 3 is correct, that means that updates take place to the 1Password cloud database realtime. Do the additions/changes synch back to the local 1Password database on my local drives automagically?
    5. If I have any issues with X, is the backout as simple as deleting the new X extentions and reinstalling the old extentions. Is it possible to just use the enable/disable switches built into the browsers and leave both extentions intact?
    6. Is it also possible to switch the extentions to X in one browser (Firefox) and leave the old extentions in the other browser(Chrome), and can they be used simultaneously using the 2 different methodologies while I'm testing?

Thanks in advance,
    Rick A

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rickapel:

1. Is it as simple as just uninstalling the old style extentions in the browsers and using the newer 1Password X extentions?

Yes :)

1. My understanding is that there is no underlying change in the 1Password database to use the new extentions.

That's correct, you can use both extensions interchangeably.

1. My understanding is that the new X extentions actually interface directly with the 1Password cloud account.

This is also correct.

1. If item 3 is correct, that means that updates take place to the 1Password cloud database realtime. Do the additions/changes synch back to the local 1Password database on my local drives automagically?

If I have any issues with X, is the backout as simple as deleting the new X extentions and reinstalling the old extentions.

Correct. You could also even keep both of them installed, but it might cause some confusion so it's generally better to choose one and use it exclusively.

Is it possible to just use the enable/disable switches built into the browsers and leave both extentions intact?

Certainly yes, this is an option.

Is it also possible to switch the extentions to X in one browser (Firefox) and leave the old extentions in the other browser(Chrome), and can they be used simultaneously using the 2 different methodologies while I'm testing?

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    Thanks for taking the time to confirm all my questions!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.