Android and iPad sync

asukulu
asukulu
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Android

I have noticed that if I create a login with android it syncs with iPad but if I create a login on iPad it does not sync with android. I have tried selecting sync within android but it doesn’t make a difference. I am on a subscription and would like the service I pay for to work properly. Can you please explain where this might be going wrong?
I had a look at my account on the 1password website and I looked inside my vault but the new login created on android is not there. How can it have synced to ipad if its not even in the vault???

Sidenote- Before i went to subscription I know I was using the dropbox sync method. I dont really understand this new method. Where exactly is the vault stored now? On my ipad when I try to sync it asks me to choose icloud, dropbox or one other way which i cant remember off hand.

1Password Version:_android 7.3.1
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Not provided
_Sync Type:_Not provided

Comments

• asukulu
    asukulu
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

I just noticed that I have 2 vaults. iPad is using one called primary. I have another one called personal. They don’t both have all my logins etc but about half each. I have the iPad set to use all vaults but how to I set my android phone to use all? Because it seems to only be using personal which is why the logins I create on iPad aren’t syncing. When I look at the 1Password account online the primary vault isn’t there. Where is this stored? On my iPad somewhere? There is a file in Dropbox called OPvault. Is this the primary vault? I don’t want to have two vaults as it’s becoming very confusing. How do I merge them?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@asukulu: It depends in large part to how you have things setup, and it sounds like you've got things setup differently in different places. Do you have a Primary vault on any devices? And what do you have set for 1Password Settings > Vaults > Vault for Saving? It really sounds like that's the key, based on your "sync" comments. Your 1Password membership account can only sync data you have saved in it. So, ideally, you'd put all of your data in the account, and setup your devices with only the account, and they'd have all the same data going forward. But one step at a time. :)

• asukulu
    asukulu
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Hi thanks for the reply. It seems I also had an op vault in Dropbox which my iPad was saving to. So I changed where it saves to and switched off the Dropbox one and now they are syncing. I had to go through the Dropbox one and copy a few logins I had created on my iPad to the other vault but seems to be all good now. Took me a while to figure out what was going on but got there in the end.

• @asukulu Thanks for the update! I'm glad you were able to get things syncing!

This discussion has been closed.