Special vault for work computer only

Thopson
Thopson
Community Member

I have a personal and a work laptop (Macs), and, since my work computer is heavily monitored, I'd like to have a separate vault for only work-related logins, however, I don't want any of my personal vault logins to be seen or synced to the work computer as I don't know how my work laptop is being monitored (screenshots? keyloggers? I don't know).
Is this achievable with 1password using 1 account? If so, how?
Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Thopson: it's not really possible with one account, but almost. 1Password Teams and 1Password Families both have the option of inviting guests, which have access to only a single vault you share with them. So you could essentially invite yourself as a guest as well and share a "work" vault with that account, using only that at work. 1Password Families is a better option if you're going to use 1Password with your family anyway, since that includes 5 family members in the base price; but if it's just you, 1Password Teams would be slightly cheaper since you'd be paying for only yourself as a team of one -- in both cases, depending on the plan, you have at least 2 guests you can invite at no additional charge. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Thopson
    Thopson
    Community Member

Thank you for the clarification

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! If there's anything else we can help with, just let us know. :) :+1:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

This is a great feature for 1Password Families. I have a guess vault on my work computer and only work info in it, but I can see that same vault in my personal account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@prime: I think you may have pioneered this approach! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.