To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I want to change my email address in my account

I have created an account for at couple of days ago, but forgotten my masterpassword. So i deleted it al again, (I thougt). Now I have made an new account with my working email, but i would like to make the account back with my personal email address, but wen I try to it will not allow it because it says an account all ready using my private email address. Can I do anything?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I want to change my Email address in my account, but have used it earlier to create an 1password.

Comments

• Hi @SimonUdsenGrandjaen

It seems likely that the cause here is that the original account was not actually deleted. Please email our sales team with the details at sales@1password.com for assistance with that. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member

My experience with your email support has been very poor. Twice it has literally taken them one week to get back to me. And then no apology for taking so long. And that's only the beginning. So how can I deal with it here?

Thank you

• @jmassengale

I'm very sorry to hear that has been your experience. Under normal circumstances we strive to answer all emails within 24 hours, often much sooner. Right now we're experiencing an incredibly high volume of requests, largely as a result of the releases of iOS 13, Safari 13, and macOS 10.15. As such, unfortunately, it is taking us a while to get to everyone. We're working hard to get back to normal response times.

If you have a question that doesn't require that we look up or make changes to your account, we can probably help here. If your inquiry requires that, for privacy reasons, we're unable to process those requests in this public forum.

My apologies. Please let me know if I can help.

Ben

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member

Thank you, Ben. I would like to change my email address back to what it has long been at 1Password, rather than the address that was setup when I requested a new Forum password?

Can you change it on that basis?

The problem was that when I used the regular email address to reset my Forum password (which 1Password never saved, for reasons unknown), nothing had come through after several minutes. I repeated the request, with the same email. When nothing arrived again, I used a different email address, and that is what is showing on the account that I started to set up for a 1Password 7.

Alternatively, if I delete the 1Password 7 download and download anothe copy, will the account will have the old email address?

thanks again

• @jmassengale

The problem was that when I used the regular email address to reset my Forum password (which 1Password never saved, for reasons unknown), nothing had come through after several minutes. I repeated the request, with the same email. When nothing arrived again, I used a different email address, and that is what is showing on the account that I started to set up for a 1Password 7.

1Password Support Forum accounts and 1Password.com membership accounts are entirely independent. The details you use for one do not affect the other. Could you please clarify which it is that you're having trouble with?

You can change the email address associated with your forum account here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/edit
    You can change the email address associated with your 1Password.com membership account here: https://my.1password.com/profile

Alternatively, if I delete the 1Password 7 download and download anothe copy, will the account will have the old email address?

No; the installation of the app doesn't have any bearing on what email address your 1Password.com account or your 1Password Support Forum account is registered to.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.