I keep trying to log inot schwab, not working. It says it's the wrong sign in information

Options
johanneskieding
johanneskieding
Community Member

I changed my password for schwab, then I go to sign in with the new password and it says it's the wrong log in info. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I keep trying to log inot schwab, not working

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @johanneskieding

I'd be happy to help with this. Please answer each of these questions for me so that I can best assist you:

• Are you sure the password change was accepted?
    • Does the previous password work?
    • Did 1Password record the new password, or does it still have the previous one? You should be able to tell when the Schwab Login item was modified by looking at the last modified information at the bottom of the item.

Ben

• johanneskieding
    johanneskieding
    Community Member
    Options
    Are you sure the password change was accepted? -- you mean in 1password, if I clicked "save"? 

Does the previous password work? -- negtive 

Did 1Password record the new password, or does it still have the previous one? You should be able to tell when the Schwab Login item was modified by looking at the last modified information at the bottom of the item. --> 1password seemed to have record three different passwords. I deleted two, and then it worked for a while to log in. Now it no longer works :(

• Ben
    Options

you mean in 1password, if I clicked "save"?

No, I mean by Schwab. Did the password for your Schwab account actually change from what it was before? I believe you've answered this, in answering my other question:

Does the previous password work? -- negtive

At this point the best I could suggest would be resetting the password for Schwab. They have a form to do so available here:

https://lms-mgmt.schwab.com/ar/home?clientID=schwab

I'd suggest moving the any existing Schwab items in 1Password to the Trash, to avoid confusion, and then saving the new password once you have reset it into a new Login item.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• johanneskieding
    johanneskieding
    Community Member
    Options

Seems to have solved the issue. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Great. Sorry for the inconvenience. Glad to hear it is sorted out now. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.