1Password X extension for Chrome still working with TouchID?

odysseus
odysseus
Community Member

I was running the 1Password X beta extension in Chrome for a while, and had gotten it to unlock with TouchID. But it no longer works. In addition, when I open the extensions settings, it shows "Unable to establish connection with 1Password desktop app", even after reinstalling both the extension and the app.

How can I troubleshoot this?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 1.16.8
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @odysseus! 1Password X will still integrate with 1Password for Mac, as long as you're running the betas for each. Based on the version numbers you included, I can tell you're running the 1Password X beta, but you'll want to install the 1Password for Mac beta as well. That one's currently at version 7.3.3.BETA-0, and you noted that you're running version 7.3.2. To install the 1Password for Mac beta, check out the instructions here. Let me know how it goes!

• TheDarkErw
    TheDarkErw
    Community Member

Hey @kaitlyn - I am a big 1password fan from the very early days and I love what you guys have done with 1password x but every time i sit down to get 1Password X working with TouchID it fails - most recently with this very same comment from @odysseus

How can this be fixed - once 1Password X is working with TouchID it will be the gamechanging productivity machine it once became when there were no really good password managers except 1password :-)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

Hey @TheDarkErw! I'm glad to hear you're a big fan. ❤️Thank you for the kind words.

I see that you're running the 1Password X beta based on your screenshot, but do you have the 1Password for Mac beta installed as well? Both will be required for Desktop App Integration to work properly. If you can double check the 1Password for Mac version you have installed and share it with me here, that'd be great.

I'd also like to see a copy of your logs to see if that gives me any hints as to why 1Password for Mac and 1Password X aren't establishing a connection. You can learn how to obtain your logs here. Please post them or email them to support+x@1password.com and I'll take a look.

• TheDarkErw
    TheDarkErw
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn - I am running 1P beta as the desktop version (see screenshot below).

The issue I am having is that no touchID is being enabled when using 1Password X - both in beta.

Will send you the logs via email.

Thx

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@TheDarkErw – Thanks so much! We'll move the conversation over to email now.

ref: LPX-44697-249

This discussion has been closed.