add existing vault to MAC 1Password7

Options
rdeterman
rdeterman
Community Member

I have been using 1Password on my MAC for years. It is all tied to a vault entitled 'personal'. I purchased 1Password7 for my phone (android) awhile ago and recently realized they are not in sync. Specifically when I installed the program on my phone it prompted me to create a new vault called 'Primary' and move everything from the existing vault into it. So my phone now shows 'personal' and 'primary' vaults. No issues.

However, on my MAC all I still have is 'personal' and I cannot find a way to add the 'primary' vault to it. Please advise.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OX 1 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rdeterman! Welcome to the forum!

The best solution is to keep using your Personal vault. To make sure your Android device is in sync, please add your 1Password account to it and your Personal vault will appear on that device as well :)

At that point, you can delete your Primary vault from the Android phone to keep things tidy.

• rdeterman
    rdeterman
    Community Member
    Options

So there is no way to get the 'primary' vault onto the MAC? This is problematic as now I have two vaults each with valid updates / changes to them. The primary on the phone is the most accurate.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rdeterman:

There is, but since you get automatic sync via 1Password.com, and you created a duplicate Primary vault, the best solution is to keep using the 1Password.com vault and remove the Primary one that you created later. We do not recommend using multiple or third party sync method when you get that automatically through 1Password.com.

• rdeterman
    rdeterman
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe I am asking my question wrong. I have password entries in the 'primary' that are now the 'accurate' ones, it they have been updated via the phone. The personal has old ones. How to I merge them so I can remove the primary per your suggestion?

• Ben
    Options

I see; thanks @rdeterman. In 1Password for Mac you can sort entries by date modified. There isn't an automated way to 'merge' two vaults in the way you're describing, but by having the entries sorted that way it should be easier to see which ones you need to copy over to Personal, and then delete the old copy.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.