Mouse scroll doesn't work when editing

Options
scott_altman
scott_altman
Community Member

Found in 1PW7 client and Mini.

When viewing an item that exceeds the display window, hovering over the item details allows scrolling (via mouse-wheel, etc) and works fine.

When switching to Edit mode, the scrolling behavior does not work and the only way to view items outside the current window is to drag with the scrollbar.

Expected behavior: When in Edit mode, scrolling via mouse-wheel should change the view vertically based on scroll direction, WITHOUT needing to click/drag on the scroll bar.

Steps to Repro:
1. Create an item that has a number of fields which extend below the visible window of either client or Mini
2. When viewing, scrolling via mouse-wheel should operate normally when mouse focus is over the details of the item (right side window)
3. Click Edit
4. Mouse scrolling stops working when mouse focus is over the detail portion.
5. Click on any field or section in the details, scrolling still does not function.

1Password Version: Version 7.3.2 (70302004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scott_altman - can I ask what type of mouse you're using? I was unable to replicate the behavior you're experiencing here on my own setup with 10.14.6 and 7.3.2, using a five-paragraph chunk of Lorem Ipsum text plus several "dummy" additional sections/fields. To be fair, I'm using an Apple Magic Trackpad (so, no scroll wheel), which may or may not have anything to do with the difference between our experiences. But in my testing, scrolling works as well in Edit mode as it does when out of Edit mode.

• scott_altman
    scott_altman
    Community Member
    Options

Well, this is odd. I tested on my trackpad and it works and tested with another mouse and it also worked. It does not work with my Logitech MX Master. I tried updating the Logitech drivers and no change. I just find it odd that there are mouse-driver or specific hardware related issues in 2019. I guess you can close this out unless there are any other suggestions. This mouse works perfectly fine and as expected in every other application. It's only 1PW that I'm having any issues with.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @scott_altman

I have a Logitech mouse that I use on my Mac. It too offers specific drivers, but I've never installed them, and have never found a need to. The mouse works out of the box just fine without them. Have you tried without the Logitech drivers installed?

Ben

• scott_altman
    scott_altman
    Community Member
    Options

Huh, well, my IT-wizardry skills are apparently not what they once were. I uninstalled the LogiTech Option software, re-paired the mouse with Bluetooth and it's working as expected in 1PW. You may lose some of the programability of the auxiliary mouse buttons by doing this, but I don't find them useful to begin with.

Thanks for the input, feel free to close this one out. Appreciate your time and attention with this!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @scott_altman. Glad to hear that'll work for now. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.