Cannot do a FRESH REINSTALLATION on a MacBook Air

Options
KennyL
KennyL
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Mac

My wife and I share a family account, and we also share one of our computers -- MacBook Air. Two user accounts on the machine, two different log ins/vaults in 1 password.

For some reason, after upgrading from 1Password ver 6 to 7, I cannot log in to 1password on this shared MacBook Air. My password is correct, it works online and on all my other computers and portable devices. When she logs on, everything works fine.

I logged on to 1password online successfully, saw all my log ins, and I'm then asked if I want to add this vault to 1password. But, I can't do it because the password is rejected.

Thinking that there is some corrupted log in information there, I delete 1password entirely from the computer (using Clean my Mac to get rid of all traces), verify that its gone, and reinstall it. Somehow, the newly installed 1password knows what passwords to expect. My wife's works again and mine does not.

I'd like to know how to fix this, or failing that, how to do a completely fresh reinstallation of 1Password that won't be expecting the same log in passwords. I've sent this to 1password support, but I don't know how long it will take to get a response, and frankly, its hard operating this way.

Thanks in advance for your ideas
Kenny in NJ >_<

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KennyL!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: AEU-79422-193

• KennyL
    KennyL
    Community Member
    Options

No need to reach out to me. Problem solved.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @KennyL! That's great to hear :)

In case this can help someone else in the future, how did you manage to solve this?

This discussion has been closed.