How do I go back to 1Password 6 for Safari? 1Password 7 was a gross mistake.

JakeLonergan
JakeLonergan
Community Member

Downloaded 1Password 7 and now the Safari extension won't fill info. If I had to guess I'd say it doesn't like my repeat password I use for benign sites. If true, please know that I do not wish to use dedicated passwords for every single site I go to. I also don't want to join any clubs or start an account or learn a secret handshake or anything like that. I just want to use 1Password as I have done for years. Thank you.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: ????
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I go back to 1Password 6 for Safari? It appears that downloading 1Password 7 was a gross mistake.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JakeLonergan! Welcome to the forum!

If I had to guess I'd say it doesn't like my repeat password I use for benign sites.

The extension does not look at this when it decides on whether to fill or not, it's completely unrelated. It is more likely that 1Password 7 is running unlicensed. 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade, so can you confirm that you have purchased a license for it? Without a license purchased and applied to the app, filling will be disabled, so I wonder if this is what is happening to you.

• JakeLonergan
    JakeLonergan
    Community Member

No, I did not pay for 7. But I paid for a few levels before that so I’d like to go back to 6, even if I don’t get Autofill anymore (pretty heavy-handed of the company to use that trick). I don’t like the looks of 7; too complex with info I don’t need or want. I feel like we’ve reached a point where, like car designs in the 60’s and 70’s, AgileBits is just slapping chrome all over the car and calling it “features”. The height of 1Password’s usefulness, for an individual user, may have been 6. Maybe even 4 or 5.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JakeLonergan:

You can download 1Password 6 again from here :)

• JakeLonergan
    JakeLonergan
    Community Member

Will my “vault” still be readable now that it’s been “updated”? And will the Safari extension work again if reinstalled?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JakeLonergan:

The vault will work in 1Password 6 again. The Safari extension cannot work anymore since Apple discontinued the Safari Extensions Gallery a month ago, as you can read here. You can continue using 1Password 6 with Chrome and Firefox however.

This discussion has been closed.