I can't seem to start-over with new vault, 1password 6

ksteuer
ksteuer
Community Member
edited October 2019 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

My daughter forgot her master password and can't remember even with password hint. I have tried to start over following support instructions with an entirely new installation and vault, but the splash screen for 1password seems to demand the old password every time I reinstall the app on her mac. How can I start her over from scratch.

1Password Version:_6.8.9 Mac App Store
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version:_10.13.6
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ksteuer

From the 1Password 6 for Mac lock screen please select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. This will completely reset 1Password.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• ksteuer
    ksteuer
    Community Member

Excellent, thank you. That did correct the problem on her Mac! We added a password on her Mac and I believe we set up iCloud syncing with the new vault, but when she installed 1Password on her iPhone using the same iCloud credentials the vault appears empty. Any thoughts about that?

• @ksteuer

For difficulty syncing via iCloud I'd recommend checking out our troubleshooting guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud

Ben

• ksteuer
    ksteuer
    Community Member

I followed those notes. Everything is working for her again and she has a new appreciation for the MP. Thanks a LOT for helping me resolve this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Thanks for the update. I'm glad that Ben was able to help. It sounds like you're in good shape, but we're here if you -- or your loved ones -- need us. Enjoy 1Password! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.