Safari not working with 1Password 7

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Autofill broken on Safari after 1Password 7 update.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @twocents!

While the extension is unresponsive, is the Command+Backslash keyboard shortcut working?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@twocents:

You certainly have that choice. We only recommend it for technical users since everything is automatic with a Membership, while in this case you have to configure everything yourself.

For anyone else reading this topic in the future, 1Password data is always encrypted, so even in case of a breach, there would be no way to decrypt it without your Master Password and Secret Key, which only you know we don't store anywhere.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @twocents

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with Safari + 1Password 7. Please try these instructions:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/524296/#Comment_524296

So, I've upgraded to 1Password7 against my better judgment (because I've lost track of how many "secure" systems my personal data has been stolen from). Rest assured I'll join the class action if/when my passwords are stolen from your cloud.

I understand the concern, however, even our employees with the highest levels of access never have the ability to read the data you store in 1Password. The data is encrypted on your devices using secrets that only you have/know.

Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We recommend removing older versions of 1Password after upgrading to 1Password 7 to avoid interference, although you are free to keep both of them running for a while if you prefer.

This discussion has been closed.