Feature request: Do more with invited users before activated

When new employees start, there are a number of accounts I set up from them (SSO only goes so far!). I have to get passwords for these to them securely for each of these. While I can add users to vaults and share passwords with them once they've activated their invitations, I'd really like to be able to both add them to vaults and share individual passwords with them before the accounts are activated. Best I can tell, this is not possible today.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Send passwords to invited users

Comments

• Hi @chipdorsata! That's a great question. Sharing vaults with people on your team is only possible when you've confirmed them as a member of the team, since that's when they get the keys to access the shared vault(s). There is a way to do this in a bit more of an automated fashion, though, and that's using automated provisioning in 1Password Business. It allows you to put items in someone's private vault between when they are provisioned and when they join the team. We'd be happy to chat a bit more about that if you'd like, so feel free to reach out to the business team at business@1password.com to get a conversation started. :)

This discussion has been closed.