1Password refusing connection! Again!!!!

Options
jimwsong
jimwsong
Community Member
edited October 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am using Win 10 and worked fine and all fo a sudden it is giving me this error when opening the chrome browser. This is like the third time I have uninstalled and reinstalled your software. Please fix this software once and for all.

1Password Version:_7.3.712
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version:_Win 10
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• This is an important security feature, @jimwsong, and not necessarily evidence of any trouble with your 1Password setup. You'll see this message when Chrome's code signature can't be verified and, while there are times this happens for reasons other than an actual problem, we're not going to get rid of this check because the same failures can happen for non-dangerous reasons. If you're having consistent problems with code signature checks failing, then that could indicate a problem and we'd be more than happy to take a look, but we can't fix a problem without first tracking down its cause. If you'd like us to take a closer look, create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Don't post your diagnostics here (this is a public forum), but instead attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  If you post that number here, I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :+1:

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you.

Alternatively, 1Password X works in your browser without any help from the desktop app. For this reason, it doesn't need to verify your browser's code signature and will never fail this check. You can learn about 1Password X (and give it a try if you'd like) here:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

This discussion has been closed.