Updated to subscription version & struggling with Vaults & Syncing.

Options
Dornette
Dornette
Community Member

I have 3 vaults showing: Personal, N&J (listed under my account name), and Primary (listed under 'on my mac' ).
Q1: All Vaults shows that only 2 vaults are listed. Why would this be?

Personal vault lists all my information twice. This is not a problem but is annoying & unusable as is. So I created N&J to be a useable alternative to Personal Vault and set it up to be my preferred vault.

Primary is the only vault that has all the 1PW migration info

Would like to just have JUST 1 vault, N&J, and get rid of Personal & Primary, as they just seem redundant & confusing.
Q2: How do I do this?

When I updated a 2nd phone to the subscription version, I lost the sync setting from the settings menu.
Q3: How do I get this back?

I'm not very adept at this, and don't have complicated needs from iPW - - just need a simple access with 1 vault.
I have 2 iPhones & a MacBook Air & an iPad that I need to all have in sync.

Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.BETA-0 (70400000) 1Passwor
Extension Version: Safari 7.4-Beta
OS Version: OS Catalina V. 10.15
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:sync option disappeared from settings menu

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Dornette

The Primary vault should've been deleted as part of the migration process. Please note that once it is deleted then 1Password will unlock with the same Master Password that you use to log in at https://my.1password.com/ and this may be different than what you are currently using to unlock. I would recommend logging in through the web app to be sure you know the correct Master Password before deleting the Primary vault. Once you are sure, instructions for deleting Primary can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

It isn't possible to delete the Personal vault, but if you'd like, you could delete all of the contents of the Personal vault, move the data from the N&J vault to Personal, and then delete the N&J vault.

Sync settings aren't shown when you're using a membership exclusively (no Primary vault) because there are no sync settings to set. Sync is handled entirely by your membership in that case. That is one of the advantages of membership. Simply signing into your membership account will cause all of your membership vaults to sync automatically.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Dornette
    Dornette
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply! Very helpful and all set now!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.