My 1P is recently Read-only!

I am using 1P v4.6.2.626. which I appear to have purchased in Jan 17. I have an order number and a key. The new(ish) plugin informs me however, that my vault is read-only. 'Showing' the vault from the plugin, I am informed that I need to add a 1P account or a license. Taking the license option I find that I am unable to add one from the folder I am taken to. I have no interest in being driven to a subscription account. Dropbox sync works fine for me but it seems that I am no longer able to save a new login from the plugin or its derivative vault presentation ? I presume that you no longer support the old plugin for newer iterations of browsers?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: W7Pro64
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @deejay,

Thank you for getting in touch! Since you use 1Password 4 for Windows, I moved our conversation to other category. I hope you don't mind. :) Now, to your questions.

First of all, it sounds like you have a newer version of 1Password 7 installed on your computer. That is why 1Password extension in your browser is connected to it and that is why it is read-only. Please uninstall 1Password 6 or 1Password 7 if you see them in installed apps on your computer.

Secondly, I would like to point out that 1Password 4 for Windows, the version of 1Password that you are using, is outdated and it will receive only important security updates in the future. Moreover, it will not work in Chrome 72 or newer, due to updated browser signature. See this article for more information.

If you want to continue using 1Password 4 for Windows, you can still fill and save in other browsers, like Firefox, Opera, Brave, or Vivaldi, but please make sure to uninstall newer versions of 1Password app first.

You can also upgrade to 1Password 7 for Windows (it is a paid upgrade for the 1Password 4 owners).

If you have other questions, feel free to raise them. We are happy to help. :) Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.